“Great Park and Fly”

Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in South Portland
Fryeburg, Maine
“Great Park and Fly”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2013

Always a great stay at Double Tree Portland for Park and Fly. Courteous staff, warm cookies and reasonably priced and delicious in-room dining. Our room was spacious and comfortable. This is my first choice for Park and Fly in Portland. Give them a try.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Nick S, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Portland, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
Thank you for staying with us before your trip out of Portland, Maine. Our park and fly reservations have been very popular this month, and it's nice to hear that your park and fly reservation went well. The next time you visit Portland to stay or to fly out, be sure to visit us again! Please feel free to contact me directly in the future.

Warm Regards,

Rooms Division Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
Whitingham, Vermont
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2013

Stayed at this hotel for almost one week. Rooms are nice, but small. Staff always helpful. The breakfast selection at the coffee 'bar' was fair at best. Never enough healthy choices. Seemed to be that the restaurant is short on staff.
The pool......was not clean. Hair, and other unidentifiable objects remained at the bottom of the pool for almost three days.....had to ask the staff to please clean the pool. Good thing we weren't there to swim all week.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Diane M
Nick S, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Portland, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
First and foremost thank you for your feedback, and staying with us for the time that you did. I'm happy to hear that the staff was helpful while you were here and I will certainly be discussing the other concerns with our management team.
It is our expectation that the pool gets cleaned on a nightly basis when it is closed. The management team will certainly discuss where the disconnect was with this during your visit.
I will also discuss your F&B concerns with our F&B manager and see if we can come up with some solutions to correct those.
Thank you once again for staying with us. Please feel free to contact me directly the next time you visit Portland.

Warmest Regards,

TAYLORS
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2013

I recently spent two nights at this DoubleTree on a business trip. The staff was friendly and helpful. Check in was quick and the cookie was warm! They also provide smoking rooms which I was grateful for in February during a snow event!
The restaurant was excellent and the bartender, Kimberly, was a sweetheart.
Very pleasant stay - no complaints here!

Room Tip: There is no refrigerator in the room.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for giving us your feedback on your most recent visit to our hotel. I'm very happy to hear that your stay was a pleasant one, and I will be sure to pass along your feedback to our staff. Please feel free to contact me directly the next time you visit the Portland area.

Winslow, Maine
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2013

Not impressed with how they kept the entry way clear of snow /slush while 2 staff memebers stood in the lobby and watch us slid into the hotel. Next time I will say something to the manager. Was not able to park and unload luggage at entry because Hotel Van was parked there. Had to lug luggage from packing lot in snowy/rainy weather.

Room Tip: Nice rooms. Staff needs to step it up.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Nick S, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Portland, responded to this review, February 23, 2013
Thank you for your comments from your recent visit to our property. I have to say that feedback such as this, alarms me and I truly apologize for the lack of attention that you received when you arrived at the property.

We do have a company take care of our plowing, salting and sanding. They are not directly employed by the hotel, but have a responsibility to keep the lot clean and clear. Our staff should always be willing to assist a guest regardless of what he/she needs. I appreciate you giving me this feedback, so we can discuss this with our team.

Once again thank you for staying with us. Feel free to contact me directly the next time you are visiting Portland, Maine.

Warmest Regards,

Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2013

We stayed here one night on our New England tour. The rooms were nice and clean. The rooms could use an update but otherwise were sufficient. We had requested two rooms with two beds in each room. We were upgraded to the executive floor however they do not have rooms with two beds on that floor according to the front desk clerk. If you require two beds be advised of this. Check in was a little slow but that was due to this being the clerks first day. As HHonors gold breakfast in the restaurant was free. It was also very good. I didn't know that the full breakfast was also served in the Executive lounge. The clerk didn't tell us that. The staff in the lounge couldn't figure out why no one was coming in for breakfast. Location was good. Parking good. Will stay here again.

Room Tip: The front desk agent told me that all rooms on the executive floor are king rooms. We needed a room...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank gary2381
Nick S, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Portland, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Thank you for your feedback from your recent visit to our property. I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed your room and the food at the hotel.

A few things have changed with our lounge since your last visit. It is now located on our lobby level. The room is very spacious with a 50 inch screen television, breakfast bar, plenty of seating room and a future HHonors business center!

I look forward to seeing you again someday soon. Please feel free to contact me directly the next time you are planning on visiting Portland.

Tamworth, New Hampshire, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2013

We had a wonderful stay! We stayed in a executive suit on the top floor, it was very clean, spacious and quiet. We stayed on valentines day weekend and I was surprised with a bottle of champagne and chocolate covered strawberries! The lounge had great snacks and breakfast without a crowd of people. The food was delicious and service was friendly. The only problem we had was a group with a total of 15 children took over the pool from early afternoon through closing, at times some of the older children where unattended. Maybe if the hotel had a set rule with no children after a certain hour like I have seen in some other hotels some of us adults who waited (several other couples lingered at the snack bar waiting) would have been able to enjoy what appeared to be a very nice pool area. Other than that my stay at this hotel went beyond my expectations.Thanks for a great weekend Double Tree!!! I will be back again. I will and have already recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Higher floors have a better view.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Melissa B
Thank you for your comments from your recent visit to our hotel. I'm very happy to hear that you enjoyed your valentines weekend with us! Valentine's day weekend last weekend happened to also be the beginning of school vacation week. Under normal circumstances, I don't think we would have as many children at the hotel as we did last weekend. I will review with the rest of the management team your feedback, and discuss your concerns.

Please don't hesitate to contact me directly the next time you plan to visit Portland.

South Kingstown, Rhode Island
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2013

Stayed here while passing through the area. Everything was average regarding the hotel. The rooms were clean and comfortable with the basic amenities. Front desk attendant was friendly and polite on check in. Location was convenient for off and back on the highway quickly. Parking lot was poorly plowed for snow removal.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Corinne F
Nick S, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Portland, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
Thank you for your comments regarding your most recent visit to our hotel. While the hotel has undergone some recent renovations, we are not entirely finished, so hopefully during your next visit you will see some nice new additions!
It seems that you must have stayed with us during last weekends two and a half feet of snow storm. While it is always difficult to keep up with a snow level that big, we will discuss your concerns with our snow removal company, and will hope to be better next time.
Once again thank you for your comments and staying with our property. Please feel free to contact me directly when you plan your next visit to this area.

Warm Regards,

Hampton Inn Portland Airport
#1 of 12 in South Portland
The Westin Portland Harborview
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites South Portland

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Portland? Share your experiences!