“park and fly package”

Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in South Portland
Montreal, Canada
“park and fly package”
Reviewed January 21, 2013

I used the park and fly package, which is a good value. Nicely located in Portland Maine. Staff was very kind. Airport shuttle was fast and on time. If you are a family of 5 or 6, you can still book via the web and when checking in, ask for a rollaway, which will alloy you to sleep 5 or 6 instead of the 4 persons allowed.

Room Tip: Book 2 doubles and at check in ask for a rollaway, which will alloy you to sleep 5 in room instead o...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Nick S, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Portland, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I'm very happy to hear that you enjoyed your visit with us. Whether you are in Portland to fly out or just visiting in the future please think of us again. Don't hesitate to contact me directly!

Warm Regards,

Rooms Division Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
Sterling Heights, MI
Reviewed January 7, 2013

I'm a public speaker and I've been here many times on business. My last visit was about two years ago, so it was delightful to return and find this has been acquired by DoubleTree (Hilton). It used to be a Wyndham. Even though the building consists of two 1970s towers, it's modern and comfy inside. The staff is tremendous, especially James Cook at the front desk (I hope I got his last name right).

James upgraded me to a concierge level room (I'm a gold member). As I stepped off the elevator to drop my stuff in my sleeping room (before visiting the meeting room I'm using tomorow), the young man who tends the concierge lounge greeted me, thanked me for staying at DoubleTree, and said he'd be opening the lounge at 5. I thought that was a really nice touch. The selection of fruit, veggies, and cheese in the concierge lounge was also lovely - it is so nice to find a lounge that offers more than the usual fried fare.

I had a tiny issue with the heat in my room and the young lady who answered the guest services line said, "I will have someone in engineering look at that right away." As soon as I hung up the phone, the heating system switched to the adjustment I'd made, so I called to cancel the service call. The woman said to me, "Okay, but we want to make sure you're comfortable, and if you have any further problems, call us right away and we'll handle it."

Even though my meeting room doesn't have to be available until 7A tomorrow, Brian let me in early and Bob on the banquet staff remembered me from my last visit. My meeting room was set perfectly.

This is a smart stop in South Portland.

Room Tip: All the rooms here are nice. If you're using a meeting room, park near the function rooms (the t...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Nick S, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Portland, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Thank you so much for your feedback from your recent visit to the DoubleTree by Hilton Portland, Maine. I truly value our guest feedback, and I will surely thank all those that impressed you during your visit. Feel free to contact me directly during your future travel to Portland. I certainly hope to see you again soon.

Dallas, Texas
Reviewed December 25, 2012

From the front desk clerk to the server in the executive lounge, this hotel excelled in customer service. I checked in later on the Saturday night before Christmas and the front desk clerk and van driver were both welcoming and friendly. They took their time to talk and to let me know about the hotel and the area. They should be commended for setting the time for a great visit. The room itself was spacious and well designed. Very comfortable bed and pillows. The breakfast in the executive lounge was great. The server was very friendly and did a nice job with the food.

The location is convenient to the highway and mall, but the best reason to stay here is the friendly and professional staff.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank lyoto
Nick S, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Portland, responded to this review, December 26, 2012
Thank you for choosing the DoubleTree by Hilton in Portland, Maine. I appreciate you taking the time to give us your honest feedback, and I will be sure to pass it along to everyone in the management team. Next time you travel to Portland, please don't hesitate to contact me directly.

Warm Regards,

Bonn, Germany
Reviewed December 23, 2012

Due to mechanical problems with our flight from Portland, we were afforded an overnight stay at the DoubleTree across from the Maine Mall. We found the hotel staff, restaurant personnel and food service, and room accommodation of very high quality. Each staff member, regardless of the hour (either in the evening when we arrived or very early in the morning when the shuttle returned us to the jetport) was extremely accommodating. We decided to eat in house rather than head across the street to one of the chain restaurants or food mall, and were very pleasantly surprised by not only the quality of the food prepared but also of its presentation. The waitress was extremely friendly, and when my wife felt that her Chardonnay wasn't quite right, the bartender opened another bottle and repoured her wine without any hesitation. The king size bed in our room was comfortable, the room size large, and the only negative we encountered was the heating/cooling system that was unable to easily regulate the temperature in the room. Overall, our stay at the hotel was a nice respite from the horrors of travel on the Christmas holiday weekend.

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your feedback from your unplanned trip to the DoubleTree by Hilton Portland, Maine. While it sounds like the travel experience was unpleasant, I'm happy to hear that your stay with us was enjoyable. Please think of us again the next time you visit Portland, Maine! Don't hesitate to contact me directly.

Massachusetts
Reviewed November 23, 2012

This former Sheraton was recently converted to a Doubletree, which is a step up because of teh cookies and the association with HHonors.

The property is two round buildings (about 7-8 floors each), connected by the lobby, restaurant, and bar. Rooms are pie shaped, which means the bathroom is small, while the sleeping area is fairly large. Not much of a view ... one side is the Maine Mall (a large mall ... for Maine) and the other looks out over the Maine Turnpike (I-95).

Breakfast (included for HHonors upper levels) is an extensive buffet in a brightly lit and cheerfully decorated room ... not bad, as buffets go.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Nick S, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Portland, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Thank you for your feedback from your visit to our property. I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed your visit, especially the warm chocolate chip walnut cookies!!
While the overall structure of the building is not one that will change, stay tuned in the future for updates to our in room bathrooms.
I truly appreciate and value the business that you provide. Please don't hesitate to contact me directly for your next visit.

maine
Reviewed November 20, 2012

Desk staff were friendly and the breakfast was delicious. My husband and I came to Portland on our yearly shpping trip. This was the first time we spent the night at Double tree. It is very convenient to shopping. They advertised no hassle room service by ordering online at the time of reservation. I was excited about this and ordered all my husbands favorites for a suprise but the food never came. Desk staff never acknowledged the shopping trip package we ordered. I had to go back down to correct them. The pool area was dank and mildowy. My husband ordered a drink at the bar and the gingerale used as a mixer was so flat he couldnt drink it. I might try it again next year but I am thinking we might stick with the embassy.

Room Tip: The walls are thin you can hear your neighbors television all night long.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Nick S, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Portland, responded to this review, November 23, 2012
First and foremost, thank you for choosing the DoubleTree by Hilton in your visit to Portland, Maine. Your feedback will be discussed with the staff and our management team, to be used as a tool to get better.
Your concerns are obviously great concerns of mine as well. We have begun the process of updating our pool area with all new floors, a new bathroom, new furniture etc. We are continuiously looking to improve that area to make it better for all of our guests. As for the service at both the front desk and restuarant, those will be changed with the training that we will continue to do. Your feedback certainly helps illustrate certain areas that we can improve.
Thank you once again for everything. Please consider us in the future and don't hesitate to contact me directly.

Loudon, New Hampshire
Reviewed November 7, 2012

This is a 3-star round hotel with a good sized pool and fitness center. The front desk staff were professional, friendly and offered warm cider and cookies as an added extra. It is located across the street from the mall and many restaurants. Hilton Hotels always have comfortable and quality mattresses with thick blankets. The room had a nice woodsy aroma and was very clean. Internet service was reliable. When I was in the room, I barely heard traffic noises and forgot I was near the Jetport. One out of 3 nights I heard the TV from the next room over. The bathroom was smaller then I was used to, but clean and had small bottles of shampoo, soap and conditioner. There was no complimentary breakfast, but plenty of places to eat within walking distance. We booked online and got a great deal for the value.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Nick S, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Portland, responded to this review, November 9, 2012
Thank you for your feedback from your recent visit to the DoubleTree by Hilton. Guest feedback is essential to the success of our property. I will be sure to share your comments with our front desk, housekeeping and management team. Thank you again for staying with us at the DoubleTree by Hilton Portland, Maine. We look forward to your visit again sometime soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near South Portland
#4 of 13 in South Portland
Ramada Plaza Portland
Ramada Plaza Portland
#15 of 20 in Portland

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Portland? Share your experiences!