“Satisfactory stay”

Ranked #10 of 13 Hotels in South Portland
Denver,CO
“Satisfactory stay”
Reviewed June 1, 2010

The big plus for us was that they had an airport shuttle that ran at all hours. This is a budget property, but it was quite satisfactory. The room was clean and comfortable. We would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Portland, Maine
Reviewed May 22, 2010

Those of us who travel a lot have a certain level of expectation when it comes to how we are treated when arriving to check in at a hotel. I was therefore shocked when I was treated more rudely by the young man at the front desk of the Days Inn in South Portland than I had ever been treated at any hotel. "Can I help you?" was the only complete sentence I got from this young man during my entire interaction with him, and even that was said while he was looking at a computer screen. From that point on, he simply mumbled one or two-word responses only - "Name?" "I.D.?" "Credit card?" He never looked at me, never welcomed me, never seemed even remotely interested in my business. When I asked about AAA, he simply took my card without even looking up or acknowledging me. Finally, after I got a sullen "sign here" and "license plate number here" from him, I said - "Do mean to say please?", to which he replied "You can give me orders all you want, I'm just doing my job."

Needless to say, I said a few choice words, tore up the sheet I was supposed to sign, and left. The Hampton Inn down the street was far more welcoming.

A complaint to Wyndham Hotel Group, which owns Days Inn, got a cursory email in response assuring me I'd get a call from the manager of the Day's inn in South Portland, but I have heard nothing. It is quite clear to me that neither the Days Inn, nor Wyndham Hotels are particularly interested in my business, so they will get none from me. I would recommend you avoid this hotel, especially with much better options available in South Portland.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank stheemka

Travelers are raving about these South Portland hotels

Gander, Canada
Reviewed May 19, 2010

Stayed there while on a shopping trip with my sister and neice. We didn't pay much for the hotel so my expectations weren't very high. I was in for a pleasant surprise. It was a very clean place, the staff were very nice, complimentary breakfast was great and convenient. I always inspect beds at hotels and this was very clean. The mattresses actually looked new. You know how you never lie on bedspreads in a hotel? Well, every morning we saw the cleaners cleaning the rooms and they put all the bedspreads in a hamper for washing. They stripped everything off the beds. We were very impressed with the cleanliness. Also, location was perfect, just across the street from Maine Mall. Many shopping areas close by.

• Stayed May 2010
1 Thank 1Sandy1
London
Reviewed May 1, 2010

The Days inn was great for an extended stay. It is quite close to Maine Mall (practically across the street) and to many food/shopping places. We were there for 7 days and had no real issues. The staff was friendly, rooms were pretty clean, continental breakfast was great, and the shuttle to the airport was SUPER convenient, especially since it runs 24 hours a day. The price was not too bad and definitely worth the service. High chance I'll stay here again next visit.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank NickWells
Hermon, Maine
Reviewed April 28, 2010

Stayed at the Days Inn on our way to Boston, the price was $59 which was a great price! The rooms were a little dingy but okay, better than some i've stayed in! The pool was extremely small and pretty cold while we were there! The hot tub was nice though! The highlight is their breakfast which was great! They have a nice breakfast room upstairs and just about anything you would want for breakfast, waffles, cereal, bagels, toast, fruit, etc. Overall a good stay and we would stay there again without having to question it.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
Clyde, NY
Reviewed March 6, 2010

The accommodations were mediocre at best. Especially considering the $120 room rate

• Stayed July 2008, traveled on business
1 Thank howlandm
skowhegan maine
Reviewed March 2, 2010

I have stayed here several times during the year ...I live in maine and when i want to go to portland to shop or hang out i go here...It has a pool and a hot tub ...a great breakfast ..rooms are a little on the dated side but the beds are comfy enough .. can just walk over to chilis if you dont want to drive anywhere ...price is usually under 60...so cant complain about the price ...grandkids love the pool ...

• Stayed February 2010, traveled solo
Best Western Merry Manor Inn
Best Western Merry Manor Inn
#2 of 13 in South Portland
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Portland

Been to Days Inn Airport/Maine Mall? Share your experiences!