All reviews the concierge lounge front desk close to the airport breakfast buffet bit dated cookies bed was very comfortable stayed here for one night indoor pool palmer portland mall conference gm checkin highway starbucks
Selected filters
Reviewed June 23, 2017

We have stayed at this hotel a number of times in the past. It is convenient to the highway, airport, and not far from downtown Portland. The food is always excellent, service great, but on this last stay, we noticed how dated and worn the room was. Perhaps the hotel is planning a major improvement project. However, I think on our next stay in Portland we might consider a change. Maybe the guests that stay there don't seem to mind the state of the rooms, but we were quite disappointed. We have stayed at other Marriott properties around the country and have been very pleased. Many of them are fairly new, so that has something to do with the updated quarters and modern features. In our case the Sleeper Sofa in the room (which we did not need) slumped in the middle. It looked beat up and was not comfortable to sit on. The bathroom was very dated and in need of some changes, particularly for Senior Guests.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Ed_Palmer, General Manager at Portland Marriott at Sable Oaks, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2017

showhouseready, thank you for your feedback on your stay with us here at the Sable Oaks Marriott. We are pleased to hear that you enjoy our location, food and staff service. I am sorry that you found the property to be dated. We will be entering a major renovation in less than a year. We hope you will again give us an opportunity to serve you. Your patronage is greatly appreciated. Thank you again and best regards, Ed Palmer general manager

Reviewed June 17, 2017 via mobile

Our travel agent booked several rooms in Portland, Oregon instead of this awesome property in Maine. Betsy and the front desk team were so helpful and proactive in sorting everything out in the calmest and most professional way. After we went to the bar and had an amazing foot long crab roll and cold beer at Brian in the bar's recommendation. He's right! It's an amazing deal and so tasty.

Trip type: Traveled on business
Ed_Palmer, General Manager at Portland Marriott at Sable Oaks, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2017

KeepItMOvin, Thank you so much for your feedback on your stay with us this last weekend. We are happy to hear that Betsy was able to sort out your reservation to get you to the Right side of the country. Unfortunately this is something that is not terribly infrequent and it sometimes goes the other way. Brain steered you in the right direction but I think you meant lobster instead of crab. We are known for lobster here in the great state of Maine. It is always our goal to not only meet but to exceed our guest's expectations. We truly hope this only the first of many more visits in the future.
Best regards, Ed Palmer general manager

Reviewed June 16, 2017

After arriving at the Marriott, my wife and I hoped to take a nap before heading in to downtown Portland for a dinner reservation. The trouble began when we found that a centipede had already laid claim to our bed. The photos say all that needs to be said. The front desk staff were very apologetic. They comped our stay and immediately moved us to a new room but the negative impression of a centipede crawling on our bed was difficult to overcome. We will not be returning to this particular Marriott.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank Bruce R
Ed_Palmer, General Manager at Portland Marriott at Sable Oaks, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2017

Bruce R., As the general manager of the Marriott Sable Oaks I would like to sincerely apologize for the incident in your guest room. I can assure you this occurrence is extremely rare and our staff is always on guard to avoid this from happening. Our office park, wooded, rural location presents certain challenges. I am pleased to hear that we immediately moved your room and removed all your charges. We would hope you would give us an opportunity to serve you again in the future. Best regards, Ed Palmer general manager

Reviewed June 14, 2017 via mobile

Marriott has always had an outstanding reputation. However, this trip revealed how far down this hotel has tumbled. First the good: check in was easy and front desk staff superb. Two granddaughters and I stayed there to attend a graduation. We were there for four days. So, the tub didn't drain and when I tried to call front desk, the room phone was dead. I used my cell phone. Then we went the next day to the hotel restaurant, I ordered a lobster omelet. The third or fourth bite, I had egg shells. Ok, I could get past a few little shells. However, my next bite contained a piece of shell so large, when I bit down, my older granddaughter asked if I broke a tooth. What was that loud crunch?? Large shells...I couldn't eat any more. Though they removed it from the bill, it was a gross experience.

Trip type: Traveled with family
Ed_Palmer, General Manager at Portland Marriott at Sable Oaks, responded to this reviewResponded June 16, 2017

Mosey 55, Thank you for your feedback on your stay with us here at the Sable Oaks Marriott. As we take pride in the offerings that we have here we are very disappointed to hear that we let you down. I have reviewed your feedback with the food and beverage department to make sure there are safeguards in place to avoid the re-occurrence for our future travelers. I can assure you this is not something that we take lightly. I am glad to hear that our staff removed the charge from your check and that you found our front desk to be superb. We hope that you will one day give us an opportunity to serve you again. Best regards, Ed Palmer

Reviewed June 10, 2017 via mobile

The hotel is close to the airport and mall, but sits on a service road off the highway which gives it a feeling of isolation. It is about a 10 minute drive to the old town attractions.

The service here has been exceptional. Great people make a facility and they have that important resource.

The criticism would be the awkward geometry of the rooms. A system of privacy walls makes for several turns to get to the primary space.

The conference room was outstanding. And the restaurant in the lobby is worth having a meal.

Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank Brian S

Brian S., We are glad to hear for the most part you appreciated your stay with us here for your conference. We especially love to hear you enjoyed thee service provided by our staff. We are very proud of all of our associates who on a daily basis exhibit the "Spirit to Serve". Their goal is to exceed our guest's expectations whenever possible. We are also happy to hear you enjoyed our location. We like to review to it as our own oasis. We hope you will join us again if your travels bring you to the greater Portland area. Best regards, Ed Palmer general manager.