All reviews the concierge lounge front desk close to the airport breakfast buffet bit dated cookies stayed here for one night bed was very comfortable indoor pool palmer portland mall conference gm checkin properties highway
Reviewed August 5, 2016

The decor and rooms are on par with expectations you would have for a much lower end brand and certainly below expectations for the high price tag per night. Rooms are small and "musty". There is nothing but big box stores and chain restaurants in the area and getting to downtown portland takes about 20 minutes.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank Goldper
Ed_Palmer, General Manager at Portland Marriott at Sable Oaks, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2016

Goldper, Thank you for your feedback on your stay here at the Sable Oaks Marriott. I am very sorry to hear that we fell short of your expectations. I am also sorry that you felt we were over-priced. This is the time of year that our prices are elevated but guests find that this property has a lot of value for the price. Our room rate typically runs significantly lower than the downtown properties. We are located within one-half mile of the largest regional mall in the state of Maine. We have made arrangements with a local cab company to transport to Portland downtown for $15 each way. The ride typically is ten to fifteen minutes. We hope you will give us an opportunity to serve you again here in South Portland. Best regards, Ed Palmer general manager.

Reviewed August 3, 2016 via mobile

I didn't like this hotel. Very dated room, a low sealing gave it a dingy feel. However clean, which is most important ofcourse. There are double rooms, not queen sized, so take note. The receptionist was very helpful and offered us an extra bed, which helped. Breakfast was ok, rather pricey though. Nice and helpful staff.

Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank ferdalangur1970
Ed_Palmer, General Manager at Portland Marriott at Sable Oaks, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2016

ferdalangur1970, Thank you for your feedback on your impression of our property. Our ceiling height is a standard eight feet. I am sorry that made you feel that the room was dingy. I am happy to hear that you found your room clean and that our front desk staff were helpful and responsive to your needs. Our buffet breakfast is priced competitively to our local area. We hope you will give us an opportunity to serve you again in the future. Regards, Ed Palmer general manager

Reviewed August 1, 2016 via mobile

First construction is not complete. If the rooms have been renovated then they deteriorated quickly. Some of the staff were good. The good staff people did not make up for the other deficiencies. And no effort made for platinum members. Disappointing.

Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank MarylandMdtravel

MarylandMdtravel, I am very sorry for your disappointment with our property. We are always in the process of improving our property. We had a complete renovation several years ago and since have done smaller projects on an as needed basis. I hope that you will give us an opportunity to serve you again in the future. Your Platinum loyalty to Marriott is greatly appreciated. Please call on me if I my assist you in the future. Regards, Ed Palmer general manager

Reviewed July 31, 2016

The hotel is not far off 95 & also, 295 near a large mall. The area has many chain restaurants nearby. However, the hotel's restaurant is excellent, whether eating there or in your room. Excellent service throughout the hotel. Our room was comfortable & clean. We had a car so we could drive to the old downtown harbor area, which is 15-20 minutes away. I don't believe the hotel had any transportation for that purpose.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 28, 2016

The hotel was built in the late 1980's and is in need of refurbishment - the room over looked a parking lot the room appears not to have seen a coat of paint since then. The toilet bowl had a crack in it!
The air conditioning unit was very effective but was so noisy you could not sleep if it was left on.
Housekeeping need to be trained as to how to clean and service a room - GM said he knew he had problems on this.
I had an experience with the Barman which was so unpleasant I felt intimidated and left the bar - told the GM but am yet to hear back.
Breakfast buffet - very good strawberries.
Hotel expensive for what you get

Date of stay: May 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
2  Thank BertusCortigo
Ed_Palmer, General Manager at Portland Marriott at Sable Oaks, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2016

BertusCortigo, Thank you for your feedback on your stay with us here at the Sable Oaks Marriott. We did have an opportunity to discuss your stay for over a half hour in the dinning room here at the hotel. I apologized and will apologize again here to you for the issues you experienced. At the time we met you hadn't made me aware of your dissatisfaction with the air conditioner or the crack in your toilet. When we discussed housekeeping inconsistencies I agreed and stated we were working diligently to correct these issues. We are challenged by a very low unemployment rate and few individuals interested in room attendant positions. In discussing the incident with the bartender, I explained to you that I would follow up with that associate from a disciplinary perspective, which I have done. I am sorry I did not understand you were looking for me to contact you again. We spoke in passing several times over the following days of your stay. We hope you will give us an opportunity to serve you here again in the future. Regards, Ed Palmer general manager