Portland Marriott at Sable Oaks
DoubleTree by Hilton Portland, Me(South Portland)(Great Value!)
$118
$108
$72
Hampton Inn Portland Airport(South Portland)(Great Value!)
$109
$98
Comfort Inn Airport(South Portland)(Great Value!)
$93
$90
Econo Lodge Maine Mall(South Portland)
$65
Best Western Merry Manor Inn(South Portland)(Great Value!)
$121
Quality Inn & Suites(South Portland)
$80
$72
Courtyard Portland Airport(South Portland)(Great Value!)
$109
Travelocity
Tru by Hilton Portland Airport Area(South Portland)(Great Value!)
$119
$107
Hotels.com
All reviewsthe concierge loungefront deskhotel restaurantthe general managerold portbusiness parkclose to the airportvery nice hotelfirst floorfitness centerking bedbit datedminute driveconvenient locationcookiesindoor poolpalmer
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 14, 2014

My family and I have stayed at this hotel for about ten years now, as it about midway to our eventual goal of Prince Edward Island
The meals were to be expected for a property such as this. Dinners were the traditional Marriott staples. Breakfasts were a disappointment. Wait staff are generally average.
The property is convenient to many fine restaurants, and we recommend you try them,
Desk staff are a plus, Rooms are clean, save for one instance three years ago when we checked in to soiled bed linens.

Security is good on property.

Room Tip: Choose a room away from the elevators!
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Professor Earl H
Chris M, Food and Beverage Manager/Executive Chef at Portland Marriott at Sable Oaks, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2014

Dear Professor Earl,

I see you were not happy with our menu selections and our breakfast program. We consistently strive to not just meet but to exceed our guest’s expectations, and I was hoping you could give us some specific information in these areas so we may better ourselves. Please feel free to contact me, especially in person, if you decide to stay with us in the future.

Sincerely, Chris

Chris Merriam, C.E.C.
Food and Beverage Manager/Executive Chef
Portland Marriott at Sable Oaks
207-871-8000 ext.6041
voice mail ext. 6055

Reviewed March 3, 2014

Well, it wasn't a usual Marriott experience. The room was tidy, but not super clean. When asked for an extra blanket, since there wasn't one in the room, I was delivered a ancient, ratty blanket with holes in it. (I should have taken a picture) When I called down to kindly explain they were nice enough and brought a different blanket, however nothing was done above and beyond. The room service food, however was very good. So not the best experience in a Marriott, as is my usual favorite.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank gh_meg
Ed_Palmer, General Manager at Portland Marriott at Sable Oaks, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2014

gh_meg, On behalf of the staff and management of the Sable Oaks Marriott I would like to express my sincere apology for the delivery of an unacceptable blanket. There is absolutely no reason to have done this as we have many brand new blankets. We have addressed this situation with our associate to assure that it never occurs again for any of our future guests. We hope this incident will not cause you to not consider our location again in the future. It is our goal to not only meet our guests expectations but to exceed them. Please feel free to reach out to me here at our property if I may be of assistance in your future travels. I can be reach at ed.palmer@mariott.com. Thank you for giving us an opportunity to address your concerns. Regards, Ed Palmer

Reviewed February 25, 2014

Rooms were small, but adequate. I had a tough time trying to find place for the ironing table.
Bed was comfortable. Good Gym and Pool.
I had breakfast and the buffet was well stocked and good quality.
Service at front desk from check-in did not give me any kind of welcome.
I know I am only Gold with Marriott, but I expected better even without any status.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank m m
Reviewed February 22, 2014

I come to Portland about once a year and always stay here as the service seems to improve each time. this time was no exception. I had a suite on the executive floor and it was wonderful. The service both in the lounge and and at the front desk was fantastic and the overall experience was wonderful. The General manager just keeps doing great things.
One downside was the sauna which was broken and looking quite aged. Hopefully an upgrade of this will come next.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank waiake1
Reviewed February 16, 2014

This place exceeded all of our expectations. The service was great, the rooms were clean, the location was good, and the breakfast buffet was fantastic. Usually breakfast buffets are sloppy and frozen food but this was awesome. The chef cooking the omelets was so nice, and came right up to us and asked if we wanted omelets. He deserves to be recognized! Our waitress was also very sweet. The pool and hot tub were both clean and spacious. We stayed here last night (a Saturday) and it was not overly crowded. There were some kids here, but they were not noisy. Overall, I would definitely recommend this place to anyone, and come stay here again. They have a shuttle service also here.

• Stayed: February 2014
2  Thank Sdoh17
Ed_Palmer, General Manager at Portland Marriott at Sable Oaks, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2014

Sdoh17, we appreciate your feedback on your stay here at the Marriott Sable Oaks. We are very happy to hear how pleased you were with your accommodations. I will share with our executive chef your pleasure with our breakfast buffet. He takes great pride in offering locally grown and very fresh products. The omelet chef that you refer to was probably Norman, who is a retired local culinary arts teacher. He takes great pride in his work. We hope you will return to see us again very soon. Best regards, Ed Palmer