I recently traveled for business and stayed as part of a group during early October. I was provided a room on the conceirge level (6th floor) and had a distant view of the Maine Mall. The room was set back from the road and you could not hear any distractions.
The room was standard (2 queen beds) with a work station and a flat screen television. The maid service was generally good although they tended not to get to the room until after 3PM each day.
I was disappointed in two things with the hotel:
1) the bathroom smelled musty and like mildew. The caulk around the tub showed evidence of mildew. It could use an update and maintenance should be regularly addressing mildew issues for their travelers.
2) the conceirge service offered great food but the staffer in the evening was rude. After a long drive to get to the hotel, I went Sunday evening to get something to drink and see what they had to eat. The male staffer wanted to know what I wanted - a juice I said. A juice - all you want is a juice? The juice is warm - you know that right? No, I didn't know that and I didn't care - I just wanted a juice. I asked him if it was okay to get a plate of food and his comment was that's what it was there for. Needless to say, I didn't need to ask another thing from him my entire visit.
My experience with Marriott hotels are almost always extremely positive. This will not go down in my memory as an enjoyable place to stay or return or recommend.
Standard service all around.
Good for most but disappointed as a Marriott Gold Rewards traveler.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our South Portland hotel's new and improved features include, newly renovated lobby complete with a business center, contemporary designed guest rooms with plush bedding, and new high speed in-room technology. We invite you to stay with us and enjoy swimming in our new heated indoor pool. Indulge all of your senses in our new restaurant and lounge. Meet, greet, and entertain in our spectacular grand ballrooms. Portland Marriott at Sable Oaks is nestled on the hill of the scenic, yet modern, Sable Oaks community - just minutes from Portland Airport and historic downtown Portland. You will enjoy our location, including fine-dining and boutique shopping in the Old Port. Bring the family to the legendary Old Orchard Beach nearby and sight see at Portland Headlight historic lighthouse. Enjoy a sunset cruise on Casco Bay or visit Portland's own Museum of Art. Offering dynamic meeting space, business center, golf course, indoor pool, fitness center, and more, Portland Marriott at Sable Oaks is the perfect location to exceed your expectations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Marriott, Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cancelon, Hotwire, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Portland Marriott at Sable Oaks reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Portland Marriott At Sable Oaks Hotel South Portland
- Marriott Hotel South Portland
- Marriott South Portland
- South Portland Marriott
- Portland Marriott At Sable Oaks South Portland, Maine