“Great Hotel & Food”

Portland Marriott at Sable Oaks
Ranked #5 of 13 Hotels in South Portland
Reviewed April 26, 2012

I travel on business almost weekly and stay in many hotel chains of quality. I was very pleased with the customer care I experienced from the entire staff at this hotel. I was even greeted in the hall by the housekeeping service. The food was extra special - I didn't expect my breakfast to include made to order omlettes and eggs. As i checked out I noticed a loose button and before I could blink I was provided a sewing kit for the repair. I am a professional customer service trainer so I really look at service and the Sable Oaks Marriot gets an A in my class!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Portland Marriott at Sable Oaks

Reviewed April 11, 2012

Tucked away across from the Maine Mall this hotel is quiet and the staff friendly and efficient. After a day driving we were more than pleased to enter this quiet hotel. Our room was large and well furnished with no feathers (as requested I am allergic). The room we had would probably not be as quiet in the summer as it overlooked the pool area. The Concierge Lounge was small but extremely well run by friendly, efficient and helpful staff who were keen to assist with resteraunts, shops etc.
I think that this will become the place we stay in Portland from now on.

Room Tip: In the summer rooms away from the pool area will be quieter.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 11, 2012

I chose the Sable Oaks for our latest Maine trip - we try and get up for a visit at least twice a year. From check in to check out, this was a great experience! Very helpful desk staff, wonderful pool, large comfy rooms and a really convenient location. Reception turned us on to 'The Good Table' in Cape Elizabeth... check it out for brunch!!!

Room Tip: ask for a room on the front side of the hotel. we were facing the trashcans and heard delivery truc...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed April 7, 2012

Stayed during Christmas while visiting relatives. Beautiful facility , very friendly and attentive staff.

Most full Marriotts have central AC/heaters. Not this one. It has wall units that are very, very noisy. So loud we couldn't watch tv or sleep unless we shut it off.

Next time, we will find another hotel.

Stayed: December 2011
1  Thank R W
Reviewed March 15, 2012

The staff was very friendly and the room was nice. We did notice there were 4 to 5 meetings and/or conventions going on each day and made the place very crowded. One of the two elevators was broken and the wait time was very long. Also at night hubby and I went to the lounge for a romantic drink and it was very crowded. Nice motel to stay in but not for a romantic stay. The hot tub and pool also were very nice.The did have very good complimentary cookies.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 6, 2012

Newly renovated hotel. Great location, close to 95 but quiet. Close to lots of restaurants and shops. Worth a stay. Try the Fire & Water Fish & Chop House restaurant... great food.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 6, 2012

Flew in late to Portland and stayed for a night before heading north. Chose it because it was a Marriott and it was very close to the airport....and I'm so glad I did. The front staff was helpful and friendly - Warren, the night front desk employee even helped me fix my Kindle. Great breakfast, nice bar and a Starbucks (a plus!). Room was clean and spacious. Hotel has been recently remodeled and it's lovely. I'm looking forward to staying here again!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
Comfort Inn Airport
#4 of 13 in South Portland
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites South Portland
The Westin Portland Harborview

Been to Portland Marriott at Sable Oaks? Share your experiences!