“A little pricey but food was delicious.”

Poms Thai Restaurant
Ranked #13 of 149 Restaurants in South Portland
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed October 30, 2012

I enjoyed shrimp pad thai and dumplings. Tastey and fresh. A little pricier than I thought it would be.

There are newer reviews for Poms Thai Restaurant

Reviewed September 25, 2012

We were in the mood for Thai and the GPS took us to the South Portland location which is off the beaten track and kind of in a strange location. Don't let that stop you.
If you are new to Thai food - the menu explains everything in detail and will help you find the right dishes.
We're old hands at Thai so we always like finding something new.
The interior is inviting. The staff incredible. Don't go if you are starving because you will need time to read the menu. It is so extensive and pretty. Lot's of pictures.
We ordered Tom Kah soup - it was delicious, but I am used to a thicker broth and all the fun things floating - but still very good.
We ordered an appetizer of ground chicken -with veggies - in these adorable little cups. Beautiful and yummy.
Kiddo ordered mango curry with chicken and shrimp. Delicious. Good portion size.
I ordered the crispy spicy duck. It was fantastic. I can't say enough about it. I could only eat half - the portion was large. That duck was tasty, spicy [really] and heavenly. ORDER IT!!! Even though we were beyond full, we had the coconut ice cream and it was divine.
I think dinner for the two of us was about $60 - we did order a lot, it's not cheap - but a very special dinner I will not forget.
I know there's a location downtown right on Congress Street - apparently the menu is the same, but I can't vouch for the food - maybe it's just as good!

1  Thank schimmelart
Reviewed August 12, 2012

having a love for thai, have been to many, and the pom thais, have sewed up the market, here in southern maine...very well-presented, flavourful and fresh, have had excellent here, and on st john st, their newly acquired one..

Reviewed July 17, 2012

We always make our way to Pom's on Western Avenue when visiting Portland. This Pom's is very close to the Portland International Jetport...it's right down the street in fact, in a strip shopping center. If you're shopping at the Maine Mall, which is right around the corner, this is a great place for lunch or dinner. We eat Thai food all over the United States...whenever we travel we look for Thai restaurants. Pom's is at the top of the list. The food is always delicious and fresh and the staff is pleasant and attentive. The decor is well-done and there is plenty of seating. Their food is so good you wish you had a bigger appetite! I always order a curry dish and I've never been disappointed. If you love Thai food, try the Pom's location near the Jetport.

Reviewed May 8, 2012

Food was great. Service was great. My wife and I enjoyed the food. The only difference with other Thai restaurants we have been to is that the food was not nearly as hot (spicy).

1  Thank Gary F