“Quick stay but enjoyable” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Courtyard Portland Airport

Courtyard Portland Airport
Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in South Portland
Bayside, New York
“Quick stay but enjoyable”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2010

Stayed at the Courtyard Marriott near the Portland Airport for a business trip. We wanted to stay in downtown Portland, but because of the last minute booking, we had to stay outside near the airport, and glad that we did.

I got in really late (3 am) due to heavy delays with our flights. Prior to leaving NYC, I called the hotel to assure that my room was going to be held. A colleague tried to reserve a room here too but was sold out. I was assured by the front desk that my room will be waiting for me - which it was . I was only in the hotel for a 4 hour sleep.. but the room was clean, comfy and big. Free internet. The two staff members I encoutered were friendly.

The hotel was located a couple of minutes from the airport and about 15 minutes from downtown Portland. Since parking is pretty easy in downtown, its not a bad idea to stay at this hotel. It's located just off of I-95 but you wouldn't know it by staying in the hotel.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Waterville, Maine
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2010

This was an annual girl's weekend to the Portland area. The Courtyard was the perfect choice for us to unwind after shopping. Loved the location as it isn't far to the Old Port area, Maine Mall and a Christmas Tree Shop is right across the street. The staff was super efficient, friendly and helpful. The pool and hot tub area was very clean as was the lobby, breakfast area and business center. Our rooms were spotless, spacious and quiet and the beds are really comfortable. We definitely will put this hotel on our "must re-visit" list.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
JasonGreene, Assistant General Manager at Courtyard Portland Airport, responded to this review, March 28, 2011
Dear Traveler,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I have shared your comments with our staff and they are pleased to learn that we played a part in making your girl's weekend a great time!

We are honored to have been placed on your "must re-visit list" and we look forward to having the opportunity to serve you again soon!

Safe travels,

Jason Greene
Assistant General Manager
Birmingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2010

Modern spacious hotel on the outskirts of Portland (10 mins drive)
Do not be put off by the fact it's called an airport hotel, there was no airport noise whatsoever.
Good breakfast although would have been better if it had been complimentary like the other hotels we stayed in during our New England trip.
Plenty of shops and restaurants close by and an ideal base for exploring the beaches of southern Maine.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Fredericton, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2010

This was our first stay at this Hotel and we greatly enjoyed our stay. It was close to shopping and very well located. Walking distance to Christmas tree shop, right across the street. We were able to enjoy the pool and whirlpool. Very quiet and relaxing.
Thank you.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Wayland, MA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2010

I stayed at the Marriott Courtyard for 3 nights for a business trip. The room had to have been updated very recently, with modern, cherry finish furniture, granite counters, and nice, comfortable beds. Checking in and breakfast service was quick and efficient. Free wifi in the room was easy and reliable to use, and the speaker phone was nice to have. The hotel is located near the Maine Mall and many chain restaurants. I enjoyed the Sebago Brewing Company which was right next door -- I could have walked there. The hotel is a quick 10-15 minute drive to downtown Portland, even at rush hour. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
Cancun, Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2010

We originally had our last two night in Maine booked into a sister property but having had a bad first night experience in the front of our stay we opted to move the reservation to this Courtyard, best decision we could have made. It seems to be brand new. The rooms are spacious, clean and very comfortable. We didn't take part in breakfast but lots of other guests did. My laptop had died during our stay and I was pleased to find a nice PC with printer in the lobby so I could easily check my office email and reconfirm our flights. I wouldn't hesitate to stay in this property again! I had read through another reviewer to pick a room on the front side to avoid the noise from the highway, I did ask for that upon arrival and was granted one without any issue. We had no noise at all and slept wonderfully.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
JasonGreene, Manager at Courtyard Portland Airport, responded to this review, July 6, 2010
Hi Debbie,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. We appreciate your feedback and are pleased that you enjoyed your stay. I am glad that we were able to honor your room location request and that you found our business center to be convenient. Yes, we are a relatively new hotel; we will be 3 years old this coming August!

We hope to have the chance to serve you and your family again soon! Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if there is ever anything I can do to make your stays with us more enjoyable!

Safe travels!
Brewer, Maine
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2010

Unless you enjoy being abused by staff, find another hotel.....This was an awful experience!! I have been a Marriott Rewards Member for several years. I had planned a shopping getaway with two of my girlfriends and made reservations at this hotel..WHAT A MISTAKE!!! I booked the hotel room and planned to pay cash when I arrived. The rude desk attendant named Tracy, I believe told me that I had to have a credit card that they needed to authorize for $230.00 dollars for possible smoke damage. I did not have a credit card with me that could just "hold" open twice the cost of the room. If I wanted to pay cash I have to put another $250.00 down for incendentals. WHAT??? I tried calling the national "customer care" line and she could do nothing. She tried the hotel and they would do nothing. Then I asked her to call back so I could speak with the manager...In waiting for the manager after being put on hold forever..I hung up and called someone one of my friends at home who called and reserved me a room at another hotel. I went into the lobby to cancel the reservations and the 2 women at the desk were giggling and laughing at me and acting like I put them out...real nice....Never again, Marriott....

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank drlhbl
JasonGreene, Manager at Courtyard Portland Airport, responded to this review, June 28, 2010
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on Trip Advisor. We appreciate your feedback.

As explained when you arrived, our hotel requires a valid credit card or a 100% refundable cash deposit of $250 for an overnight stay. This policy is in place to cover any incidentals (room charges) from the lounge, restaurant, and telephone use in the room. It also covers any possible damage that might occur to the room.

We regret that we were not able to come to an understanding with you regarding this policy and apologize for any miscommunication that occurred between you and our staff. In the future, if you choose to return to our hotel, we respectfully ask that you refrain from making obscene gestures that are directed at our staff members.

We are proud of our #1 ranking out of all hotels in South Portland on TripAdvisor.com and we look forward to continuing to provide all of our guests with superior service!
Also consider these accommodations in or near South Portland
#2 of 12 in South Portland
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,222 reviews
Embassy Suites by Hilton Portland Maine
Homewood Suites by Hilton Portland

Been to Courtyard Portland Airport? Share your experiences!