I recently spent 1 night at Courtyard Portland Airport the night before my flight home. This was the last hotel of 5 on my recent hiking tour of coastal Maine. I have been a Marriott Rewards member since the 80's and have stayed at various Marriott-branded properties, both US and international, including many Courtyards.
This Courtyard is located on Southborough Drive in South Portland, 3 miles from Portland Jetport and near the Maine Mall. They do have a free airport shuttle service. The property has 88 rooms and 4 suites on 4 floors and park and fly rates are available. Please see their web site for a full list of services and amenities.
My initial experiences were interesting, to say the least. The check in itself was painless, but when I got to my room neither of the card keys I was given worked. I had to use a house phone on the floor to call down and ask for a key that worked.
When I finally got into my room it was freezing as housekeeping had left the AC set to the middle 60's. I had to switch it to heat to get the room to a comfortable tempature.
After getting my things in the room, I went back down to the lobby to arrange for an early morning wake up call and shuttle to the airport. I very clearly told the clerk that I needed to be at the airport by 6 am and I was asking him what shuttle I should be on since I didn't know their shuttle schedule. His answer was: "So you want to be on the 6 am shuttle, right?" I had to go thru this with him 3 times before he got it right - really poor listening skills - very frustrating!
The hotel itself, and my room, were typical Courtyard, which I like. I usually sleep very well in a Courtyard and did so here also.
My room, # 308, was nice except for the bathroom. The shower curtain was on the usual curved rod, but, even though the rod was mounted fairly high above the tub, it was too long for the enclosure and it bunched up along the bottom edge of the tub. There was room to mount it higher than it was, which would have solved the problem. Hotels, when are you going to get it that it is uncomfortable to have to step on or stand on the shower curtain when taking a shower? Either get a shower curtain that fits or mount the rod higher! I have run into this a lot lately.
Also, there was black and red mildew around both soap dishes. And speaking of the soap dishes in the shower, they were both larger than normal and mounted in the corner nearest the shower head. I bumped the top one with my elbow several times while washing and rinsing my hair under the shower spray. It seems like they could have been better placed. On a positive note, the water pressure was very good with endless hot water.
SNAFU's aside, this stay worked for me, albeit on the expensive side for a Courtyard, and I would consider staying here again if flying in or out of PWM. But I wouldn't hesitate to shop for a better rate at the other options nearby. I rate this Courtyard and my experience here as average, a 3 out of the 5 available tripadvisor ratings.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Only 3 miles from the Portland Jetport, minutes from the Maine Mall, and less than 1 mile from I-95 and 295, Courtyard by Marriott Portland Airport is the perfect location for shopping, site-seeing, or visiting a corporate client. Sebago Brewing Company Restaurant, a local favorite, is just a short walk across the street. Fairpoint, Fairchild, Unum, and Hannaford are among the businesses within minutes of our door. Visit nearby beaches, dine on Lobster, and experience the friendly service that keeps people returning. Free Shuttle available on request to Airport, area offices, and restaurants within a 5 mile radius. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Priceline and getaroom.com so you can book your Courtyard Portland Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard By Marriott Portland Airport Hotel South Portland
- Courtyard South Portland
- South Portland Courtyard
- South Portland Marriott
- Courtyard Hotel South Portland
- Courtyard Portland Airport South Portland, Maine