“Where's the meat?”

Add it.
Amato's
Ranked #103 of 156 Restaurants in South Portland
Reviewed October 14, 2016

Ordered the Amato original sub. The paper-thin slice of ham was hard to see. I liked the compliment of tomatoes, green peppers, onions and black olives. The kosher dill pickle slices were very tasty but overpowered the sandwich. I've had better. The price was pretty steep for what I received.

Reviewed August 24, 2016

sub was good, a bit pricey for the size and after 38 years not the same as before but then again not much is anymore. still a unique sub worth a try if you get the chance.

Reviewed December 31, 2015 via mobile

Our experience at Amatos today was less than favorable. First, the line was a joke. Two cashiers, one line. I'm fine with that as long as it's coordinated in a manner that is easily expressed. Waiting in a line, then telling a customer when they get to the counter that the line starts over there is ridiculous. Funny thing is, I was next in line! Either way, very poorly organized. The manager was at fault as he was there telling me the same thing. Sad when the manager had no clue, yet comes over to voice his opinion. If he really had a clue, he would have been out directing customers. Amatos was the only store at the mall that was this unorganized. I guess they're not used to that much business at one time. Definitely not worth the wait. Mediocre food that is usually made incorrectly the first time resulting in having to return your meal to have it made correctly.

Reviewed October 30, 2015

Wish Houlton Maine had an Amato's. We stopped by and picked up late night "yummies" from this place a couple weeks ago. Good food, good service, I will go again.

Reviewed October 7, 2015

We all love their sandwiches on every visit. I am puzzled, however, to discover that if I order TWO sandwiches with NO olives and ONE sandwich with extra olives, I am charged an extra $.85 for the one!! Can you figure that one out?