“Great restaurant!”

Cuisines: American, Southwestern, Barbecue, Mexican
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Large groups
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Large groups
Reviewed September 12, 2011

I've lived in this area for over 10 years and never went to Chili's before because a couple of people I knew told me it was bad. Bad decision!

Chili's has a wonderful atmosphere and suitable for both adults and children, cozy and friendly yet private. The lighting was low but we had no trouble seeing. It was busy when we went but we got seated right away by a warm chatty hostess. Where we sat seemed private and cozy yet we were surrounded by other diners. Very well arranged floor plan. There is a bar with large TVs in the center of the restaurant yet separated but half walls that made it seem private yet open.

Our food was delicious, and served hot and more than enough to share. The waitress was attentive yet not intrusive, in other words perfect.

They also support a charity and did this by having children who came color a picture. It was a nice touch these were hung all over the entrance. You could also buy a shirt and hat for a reasonable price considering it was for charity.

I had an issue with only item. The tortilla chips and salsa that went with cheesy bean dip. The tortillas were very salty on one side of the dish and not salty at all on the other. I'm not sure if they are supposed to be that way, but it was way too salty for me. Salsa -- they could improve on that. It was bland and uninteresting and easy to overlook.

Chili's is handicapped accesible with a concrete ramp cut out of the sidewalk. There are both booths and tables with chairs.

Despite this issue I would definitely recommend Chili's to everyone!

Reviewed June 7, 2011

My last visit there was May of 2008...all I can say is it is a good thing that I didn't live closer. By far, the absolute best restaurant I have ever been to. Fantastic service, despite the fact that they are extremely busy and the food was wonderful. Best loaded mashed potatoes I have ever had. I now live in Calgary and have gone to 2 different Chili's here in the city and the 1 in Banff. The one in Banff is horrid. Can't even order the Monterrey Chicken or the loaded mashed potatoes...horrible food. The one on 16th Ave in Calgary is good...not as good as the one in Portland, ME...but it is good.

Reviewed March 3, 2009

commercial blah

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Scarborough, Maine
Reviewed December 4, 2007

The food here is good and the chips are really good.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed November 29, 2007

Great Restaurant....love the food.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook