“Was expecting a little better”
Review of Thai Taste

Thai Taste
Ranked #48 of 148 Restaurants in South Portland
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
San Jose, California
“Was expecting a little better”
Reviewed May 9, 2013

After a long weekend of cooking lobster, scallops and steak we were looking forward to having someone else cook for us. Lol. We heard great things about this place but as frequent Thai food eaters we thought this food was just average. My chicken pad Thai had a gas or propane flavor to it...it was quite strange I couldn't put my finger on it. The butterfly dumplings off the appetizer menu were good and so was the Hot and sour soup, however the General Tsao chicken could of had some more flavor or spice....just average.

• Visited May 2013

Westbrook, Maine
“Excellent food, like all 4 of Pom's restaurants”
Reviewed December 13, 2012

I had a $20 coupon for which I had paid $10 thru Maine Dollar Saver. I ordered takeout--fresh spring roll (filling wrapped in rice paper, served cold with sweet/sour sauce; delicious Tom Kha soup--not too spicy--green curry with chicken, a touch of sweetness--just a tad spicy for me so I mixed a little extra rice in it--delicious! They honored my request to leave out bell peppers. Every time this restaurant comes up on Maine Dollar Saver I get a coupon--good for eat in or takeout, good for one year. This meal came to $23. For a while, they had a separate Indian menu, but that was discontinued.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank Mainiac1943
“very average”
Reviewed December 12, 2012

in any other area, this might be a great restaurant, but for the portland area, this is veryaverage. The ambience is also below what you would expect

Visited August 2012
1 Thank Cjackso7
New Hampshire
“Don't Miss this if you like Thai food”
Reviewed November 8, 2012

artfully presented tasty food, service was good and the chef was wonderful. One drawback, it seemed that the business office was in the dining room, which distracted from the ambiance.

Visited October 2012
1 Thank 4qigong
“Chicken Pad Thai. LOVE!”
Reviewed August 27, 2012

I go here pretty often and love it. The chicken pad thai is the best. I love their crab rangoons too. Just tried the sushi for the first time and it was good too. Pretty great overall.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank MeteoroloJess

Been to Thai Taste? Share your experiences!