“The fried clams were Very good!”
Review of Weathervane Seafoods - CLOSED

Weathervane Seafoods
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

We had a group of 10 and they put us in the back room. The service was very slow. The food was good. The fried clams were very very good! I would go back.

Reviewed August 3, 2013

Around the Portland Mall there are so many places to choose from so because the hotel i stayed at gave me a coupon i decided to try the Weathervane. I am not a big fried food eater so i didnt want a huge platter of fried foods.. I chose a nice cup of fish chowder and had some crackers and rolls with that and was hungry enough for a fish melt sandwich & fries and i had a nice Sam Adams Summer ale.. was good enough for me and my waitress was patient and came over to check on me so it was a good experience for me.. I would have the chowder again in a second..

Reviewed July 23, 2013

I had lunch there just today. Lobster roll was FILLED with the claw meat of a good size lobster. Very little mayo... all meat. Onion nuggets were good but they need to develop a good dip to serve with them.

I have been to this place several times over the years when I travel through Portland. I have never been dissappointed in anything I have eaten there... but then... I do not like my fish in batter. I like to taste the fish. Therefore..I have only had the broiled or baked selections.

Reviewed July 20, 2013

My son and I went there last night for dinner. I had really wanted a nice seafood dinner and left so disappointed. My fried haddock was very oily and had too much batter. The fish itself was an odd combination of tasteless mixed in with spots of very fishy tasting.

We had the calamari for a starter and it was very rubbery. I read recently that if calamari is rubbery than it means it was overcooked. This calamari must have overcooked by a long shot.

I didn't try my 4-year olds pizza but it looked very rubbery. He seemed to like it ok.

The service was ok but he would disappear for long periods at a time.

I guess this explains why the restaurant was pretty much empty on a Friday night.

Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

A friend wanted to go to the chain restaurant instead of the seafood places at Old Orchard Beach. I guess we ordered too many things that were listed as market price and did not ask the price. The food was average at best and the final bill of $300 was a lot more than we expected. Should have known when we walked in on a Friday night and the place was empty. Drinks were good, the brown moose was nice.

1  Thank GaryWT