“Nothing exotic, but very tasty food, and lots of it!”
Review of Weathervane Seafoods - CLOSED

Weathervane Seafoods
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
PEI, Canada
“Nothing exotic, but very tasty food, and lots of it!”
Reviewed October 12, 2012

Our family is visiting relatives here in South Portland and after some serious shopping at the Maine Mall, we stopped at Weathervane Seafoods for a late lunch. There was nothing particularly exotic or fancy on the menu, but the portions were very generous, and the food that we did order was very nicely seasoned and tasty. Prices were very reasonable as well. My daughters enjoyed the lobster rolls - they were crammed full of large chunks of lobster meat. I would recommend this restaurant for any family.

• Visited October 2012

Boston, Massachusetts
“Great onion rings, average everthing else”
Reviewed October 1, 2012

I have eaten at other Weathervanes in New England, but this was my first time at this one. It was pretty average. I had onion rings (which are among the best I've had and are the reason I keep going back to this chain) and a salad with grilled salmon. The salad was OK and the salmon was cooked very well. Service was good.

Visited September 2012
Middlefield, Connecticut, United States
“Great Food, Reasonable Price”
Reviewed September 29, 2012

Look forward to eating here and the one in Kittery every time I am in the area. Their haddock is superb and their lobster prices are fantastic. Thursday nights they offer Wicked Cheap Lobsters with like 2 for under 20 dollars. It is a chain but it family owned and there are only a few so they have not lost touch with customers. The staff can be hit or miss. Some are attentive others are not and may try to up sell you on higher priced items. I love it here and could eat there every day while I am in town. They have a great selection of fresh seafood. Highly recommend it.

• Visited September 2012
Colorado
“Not ok for Portland”
Reviewed September 28, 2012

We stopped for lunch at the Weathervane because we had been in Macy's for shopping. The food was average as was the serice. Much better places to get a meal in Portland.

• Visited September 2012
Shreveport, Louisiana
“Of course we had the seafood platter!”
Reviewed September 17, 2012

My husband and I split the seafood platter and it was yummy. We pigged out and couldn't finish it. The fried scallops were the best i have ever had. And the clam strips we so good.

Visited September 2012