“We thought we were on Candid Camera”
Review of Bugaboo Creek Steak House - CLOSED

Bugaboo Creek Steak House
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Bar
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed November 11, 2012

At the end of the meal we thought we must have been on a hidden camera show because we couldn't believe at how it ended, it was one thing after another.

There were four of us and we got seated right away. Ordered 2 beers, and two appetizers. Two beer came and they were wrong but it was close enough so neither of us cared. Me and my wife both got our salads right away, which we thought was odd because we didn't get the appetizer. The waiter stopped by and while picking up the empty salad plates said that he almost forgot our appetizers. As soon as he got around the corner our meals came. The manager came over and said that our waiter forgot the appetizers and that we could have dessert on the house. Nice recovery!

Now my meal, I enjoyed. My wife had ordered a steak. When the steak came all three of us looked at it and couldn't imagine that was served as being a steak. It looked like a slice of Ham and it was very watery. There was just a lot of watery fluid around it. She couldn't finish it and the manager stopped by and removed it. My brother in-laws wasn't anything special but it did the trick he said. He had ordered a fish and chips and he said the fish tasted funny.

During this time, my brother in-law ordered another beer, which never did come. We decided against the free dessert and thought it best to just get out. The bill came and I was charged for 2 beer and the others got charged for one. I told the waiter, I only had 1 beer and he had ordered 2 but only got one. He apologized and said he would fix it. He came back with the same bill. We told him, it's the same one, he then went back to fix it. It came back correct after about 10-15 mins.

So overall, I think the waiter was just having a bad night, the table beside us had the same one and that was even a worse experience than what we had. Their kids food came out and was boxed up before his parents had even got theirs. I would have to say it was just a bad experience due to the waiter, who at the same time was a nice guy, just having a bad bad night.

There are newer reviews for Bugaboo Creek Steak House

Reviewed November 6, 2012

Good Food, and friendly staff. I was able to site down and have a relaxed meal after a long day of traveling. The staff was laid-back and allowed me to eat at my own pace which was much appreciated. The food was a good value; good taste for the price. I would definitely eat here again.

Reviewed October 16, 2012

Granted, a Monday night @ 6:30 but the few cars in the lot should have been an omen. Hostess sat us right next to 5 or 6 tables that had been put together. As our waitress was taking our order, 20 loud Canadian tourists entered and sat at the table. One immediately tapped our waitress on the shoulder to ask a question. As we waited for our food, these people ambled all around taking pictures of the stuffed animals on the walls. The few diners already in the restaurant eyed them, also upset. Why, with an empty dining room, did they insist on placing us next to this group ? The answer came when OUR waitress was one of two waiting on this group ! Our food came, two steaks ordered medium ( pick in the middle the waitress offered when ordered) were served medium well to well, NO pink evident. Both dry as the desert. Person who ordered the ribs said they were okay, person who ordered the Meat Loaf said it was awful. Waitress never came back to our table, instead waiting on this large group, most who could not speak English. Whatever language they spoke, it was LOUD. So, table was the worst possible location, 3 of the 4 meals dreadful and no service whatsoever. NEVER again

Reviewed September 30, 2012

As long time customers we have seen this restaurant go from excellent to terrible. My Black Magic steak really needed more magic to be edible. It was the worst steak I have ever been served and after 50+ years that is really saying something. We sat down at 7:30 on a Saturday night and by this time there was no salmon left. My wife then got the last serving of ribs that was available and the next table to us got the last serving of prime rib shortly thereafter. This restaurant is "on life support" .

Reviewed September 2, 2012

I went to this restaurant for the 30th time in the last 5 years - the menu had changed but I did not think anything of it until things started going downhill quickly. Our waitress was terrible - my water sat empty for all of dinner and never was refilled. She was very slow and cold. We waited about 25 minutes for our dinner and when it came my ribs were cooked to a crisp so I sent them back. The waitress was hard to get back a hold of but then she had quite the attitude when I told her about my ribs. I ended up asking a different waitress to get me the manager because ours was so inattentive. My bf told me I could eat his off his $30 special plate and they were FREEZING cold. It was disgusting. By the time my new ribs came out I had filled up on my potatoes and beans. It was terrible. The manager gave us a whole rack of ribs and free dessert but the whole experience already sucked - I just wanted to leave. I will probably wait a year or two before I try to see if they can pull their act together.