“Delightful!”

Dining options: Reservations
Port Saint Lucie, Florida
“Delightful!”
Reviewed June 6, 2013

What a find! The welcoming staff is most accommodating, and the food is delicious and reasonably priced. We will plan to visit again on future trips to Portland, and will request seating at the chef's table. If one is in the mood for comfort food, I highly recommend the delicious burger which was perfectly cooked to my specifications!

Richmond, Virginia
“A Neighborhood Gem”
Reviewed May 27, 2013

While staying in Cape Elizabeth, we were searching around for a good but not overly expensive restaurant. We went to David's 388 on the recommendation of a resident. What a delight and a special evening. The food was excellent and moderately priced. The staff was most friendly and met our needs. We would recommend this restaurant as a must when in the area.

Harvard, Massachusetts, United States
“Wonderful Experience”
Reviewed May 17, 2013

My wife and I were attending dog shows in the area (we live outside of Boston) and found this restaurant doing internet research....the reviews sounded good and they did not lie. Phenomenal food, friendly, attentive staff, and very reasonably priced for the food quality and quantity. We'll go back the next time we are in the Portland area.

Texas Gulf Coast, Texas
“Pure Palate Pleasure Start to Finish”
Reviewed May 11, 2013

As an evening’s detour along the Shore Road for some haute cuisine en route to Portland Head Light this delightful local option was crème de la crème. Our canape and carpaccio appetizers were all that we’d dared to hope after we were greeted and seated as of we’d been lifelong friends. Our arugula salads were très frais palate pleasers as well, though servings were small. The pièce de résistance for one of us was a salmon entrée, for the other it was a duck breast entrée. Both were exquisite. Our hosts’ bottle of a subtle and muted domestic chardonnay nicely complimented our entrées. Our oblong table was perfectly sized for seating four adults. Cushions on our hardwood chairs helped us forget how long we’d been sitting. The wall art, ambient lighting, and bas-relief tin ceiling all gave our dinner a romantic allure. We loved everything about our casual dinner here except the challenge of finding a legal parking space.

• Visited July 2012
Naperville, Illinois
“Absolutely wonderful experience”
Reviewed April 29, 2013 via mobile

I was in South Portland for business and decided on David's for dinner on a Sunday night based on the reviews. I sat at the small bar next to kitchen and watched as they prepared the food. The chefs were very professional but willing to interact with those of us at the bar. The server was attentive but not overdoing it. For the main course, I had scallops. There were a number of solid choices for wines by the glass. Instead of giving you the full run down of my meal as the fresh and local ingredients will likely change by the time you get there, I encourage you to give it a try. It was one of the best dining experiences I have had in years. This is now my go-to place in the area. David's is proof that good food and really nice staff CAN coexist!

• Visited March 2013