“Love the atmosphere”

Buffalo Wild Wings Grill and Bar
Ranked #57 of 147 Restaurants in South Portland
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
stetson, maine
“Love the atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2013

It was March madness and were better to go than a place surrounded by TVS. The food was great and there was a bit of a wait but they seated us much faster than what we were told.

Visited March 2013

Maine
“Great chill place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

Mmmm I love the wings here, especially the honey BBQ. It's a great, fun, sports atmosphere. Everyone seems pretty relaxed and I've never had a problem with the waitstaff and I've been there at least 10 times

• Visited March 2013
South Portland, Maine
“Good wings”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

My wife and I shared a plate of wings and beers at the bar. The menu has a sliding scale of the wing's sauce hotness. We tried a mildly hot one. Spicy garlic. Good taste and decent amount of meat on the bone. My wife isn't into hot sauces much so this was about as spicy as she could take. Food & beers were delivered pretty quickly.

• Visited February 2013
Salem, Massachusetts
“A Dissapointing Dining Experience”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2013

We went to Buffalo Wild Wings in South Portland this past Friday. We were warmly greeted at the door as they held it open for us to enter. They quickly sat us at a table in sport central. There are large screen TV's taking up space on every inch of their walls. They were tuned to the highest volume and they were competing with very loud music. This is clearly not a place for conversation. By the end of the meal we were eating in silence because it didn't seem worth yelling and repeating everything we were saying.

I choose this restaurant because I had a coupon for a free order of 6 Buffalo Wings. They had a large selection of sauces to have your wings. They ranged from the normal buffalo wing to Asian spice to salt and vinegar. You could definitely have fun sampling the different sauces. We went with the standard buffalo wing medium ($5.89). I was very disappointed to find out that they charge $.60 for ranch or blue cheese dressing. What type of place that specializes in wings would charge for the dressing? It is a sign that of a place that nickels and dimes you. The wings were edible but that is about the only good thing I can say about them. I am not sure where they managed to find such small wings but they were pathetic in size. Supposedly there was sauce on the wings but I was unable to find any. Overall they were a disappointment.

We ordered two sodas ($2.50 each) and a lemonade (included with the kids meal) for the 3-year old. They do have a full service bar and bar seating if you wanted to go see a game. The menu was fairly large with a large selection of sandwiches and burgers. The average price point was $8.99 for most entrees.

My 14-year old order the Build your own burger ($7.99 base) with bacon ($.50) on it. They included fries with it. I had the Nacho Burger ($8.99) which included pepper jack cheese, tortilla chips, jalapenos, southwest ranch dressing, and Pico de Gallo on it. It was a double patty burger but they were on the small side so it looked like a regular size burger. I thought the burger was tasty but definitely not worth a trip back. The fries were fine but again nothing special.

My 3-year old ordered the kids hot dog meal with a fruit cup ($4.99) which included his drink. The hot dog was a step above the size of a cocktail wiener. I could not believe how small it was. My 14-year old and I had to share our food with Gabrian because his portion was so small. His fruit cup was mandarin oranges. Just another example of how cheap they are.

We will definitely not have a repeat visit here. After all the wonderful restaurants we have tried recently, it was a disappointment to have such a subpar meal.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank ridlee
Old Orchard Beach, Maine
“Wings”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

If you love wings than this is the place to go. I brought some honey BBQ sauce home because thats how good they were. Will definitely come back.

• Visited January 2013