“A much more elegant buffet, with pretty good food”

Minami Japanese Grill & Supreme Buffet
Cuisines: Japanese
Peaks Island, Maine
“A much more elegant buffet, with pretty good food”
Reviewed March 31, 2013

Expect to find a beautiful space that feels like a $$$ restaurant, with only pretty good food, but at $$ prices. Lots of sushi choices, and other choices like dumplings, as well as some excellent salads. It feels like a nice restaurant with a buffet, rather than a steam table buffet in a low grade space

Visited March 2013

Hallowell, Maine
“Unlimited sushi - sort ofI”
Reviewed February 5, 2013

I've eaten here three or four times over the past few months. As others have pointed out, it's not 100% Japanese food; there are cooked Chinese and pan-Asian dishes available in the buffet. The sushi is not as authentic as I would like it--they drizzle sauces, wrap in vegetables and other ingredients not traditionally used in makizushi or nigirizushi--but, it's the only sushi buffet that I know if in the area. I do love the seaweed salad, varieties of fish, and overall variety of choices offered. The service has varied from average to very attentive but never bad. I would absolutely go back with friends.

• Visited December 2012
2 Thank Richard H
Moncton, Canada
“Very Good Buffet”
Reviewed October 9, 2012

It is not 100% Japanese food, some Chinese and other food. However, it is a nice buffet with a lot of seafood, meat, and sushi.

Visited October 2012
maine
“Needs to keep food warm and plentiful.”
Reviewed August 27, 2012

A buffet must show abundance and kept warm. Neither is evident. A better explanation of the offerings of food by the waitresses is important.

Visited August 2012
1 Thank fortemaine
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Huge buffet restaurant but do not expect quality.”
Reviewed August 15, 2012

We were a group, 8, so Macaroni Grill told us an hour and a half wait. Not an option, so we drove to Minami Japanese Grill & Supreme Buffet. The worst meal we ate the entire time we were in Maine. Slow but polite service. Pretty food but poor quality and no flavor. After I ordered the Teriyaki Dinner with Chicken, the waitress had to come back to verify my order because she thought I had ordered the Teriyaki Dinner Bento Box with Chicken. Obviously my pointing did no good. I do know know what the Buffet everybody else got cost because the price is not listed anywhere on the menu, but I got the impression it was fairly expensive. They were out of two of the wines, Chardonnay and Sherry, we ordered. So if Macaroni Grill has a line out the door you may want to force yourself to eat at Minami but you may be better off with a peanut butter and jelly sandwich.

• Visited August 2012