Open today: 12:00 AM - 11:59 PM
Fantastic Experience!

Reviewed September 25, 2018
Lorna L
Phelps, New York, United States
Awesome day on the water!!

Reviewed September 17, 2018
DLane22
Burlington, Massachusetts

All reviews captain ben fish blue sharks great trip looking forward next year portland maine pollock blast techniques whales cusk ton
Reviewed September 25, 2018

Captain Ben knows what he is doing! He is an expert fisherman and can read all the subtle signs as to when your fishing target is in the vicinity. We were able to catch 5 blue sharks. Two of them were so large they snapped the line! The other charters were coming up with nothing but Captain Ben knew all the right spots and techniques to haul in the big ones! You won't be disappointed!

2  Thank Lorna L
Reviewed September 17, 2018

We couldn’t have picked a better charter than Captain Ben! Ben brought us right to the sharks and has unbelievable knowledge of fishing in the area. There’s a reason a lot of his customers are repeats. We had a great day and are looking forward to doing it again. Highly recommended

3  Thank DLane22
Reviewed September 8, 2018 via mobile

Thanks Ben, we had a great time. The boys had a great time and we got quite lucky with the fish. See you soon.

3  Thank Mermelstein D
Reviewed September 1, 2018

Captain Ben great and very patient. Caught 47 inch stripe bass on last cast of last day by senior citizen. Had a good time as he knows his business.

1  Thank tedh998
Reviewed August 28, 2018 via mobile

been out fishing with capt ben 4 yrs in a row and its been a blast every trip plnty of sharks to be caught and plnty of awesome views. he has also taken me striper fishing and we caught 35 fish anywhere between 16-26" it was well worth the trip!!

1  Thank joedog63
Reviewed August 20, 2018

Went out with Captain Ben on a 1/2 day fishing trip and had a fantastic time. Two adults and two kids (15 and 12) in our party. Captain Ben was a great guide, polite, very helpful and I would highly recommend this to anyone looking to go out and do some fishing.

Reviewed August 17, 2018 via mobile

Nothing but good things came from captain Ben. Got 14 blue shanks in 8 hours was hoping for a mako shark. Already talking about going out again next year

Reviewed July 18, 2018 via mobile

We went on a half day fishing trip with Kristin K and Captain Ben and what a great time! Our party had two adults and two younger teenagers. Captain Ben was accomodating to everyone, knew where the fish were and very attentive. Captain Ben ensured everyone had great time. We are already schedule again this year. I can’t say enough positive!! Thank You!!!

1  Thank WHusarek
Reviewed July 5, 2018

I have long been a fair weather striper fisherman while spending my vacation in Maine, usually at Moody Beach fishing from the beach or nearby jetties with modest success. I see the pictures of folks holding monster stripers and the backdrop is usually a boat deck, so my interest in chartering a boat was piqued and I embarked upon a quest to make it a reality during my stay at Peak’s Island the last week of June. After a comprehensive review of all the local Portland charter services, I elected to go with Cpt. Ben Gardner of the Kristen K and I could not have made a wiser choice!

He met us at the appointed time, told us about the planned trip and led us aboard his clean boat for the 4 hour expedition. We were on mackerel very shortly and three members of the party managed to put a significant number of them in the live well. We then traveled to our striper destination at low tide and started fishing (2 live rigs, 2 chunk mackerel). Overall we had a great time with many strikes and several landings (that’s why they call it fishing and not catching). Largest fish was caught by renowned Portland Architect Paul Nelson, Jr., but was 1/2” below legal so back he went. All other members of the charter caught fish in the 20”-26” range, these also returned to fight another day. At the end of the trip, Cpt. Ben dropped us off at the public dock at Peak’s Island and saved us time and money getting from South Portland back to Peak’s Island via the land route we used in the morning.

Overall, I learned a great deal about live bait fishing, optimal conditions and had an experience with my family and friends that you would be hard pressed to beat fishing from shore as a group. It was a blast, even though I, or one of the party members didn’t manage to land a 40” hog. But there is always next time

1  Thank lodor58
Reviewed June 6, 2018

My friends and I decided to do a charter fishing trip on our vacation to Portland, ME and choose Kristin K. I am glad we did. Captain Ben put us on fish right away and was a joy to be around. He was great to work with before the trip as well. We used light tackle to catch good size Cod and a few Sculpin all while taking in the beautiful scenery Portland has to offer. We all had a great time on our 4-hour trip and would recommend it to anyone.

1  Thank curtjohnso