“Kudos to Kristen K”

Kristin K Charters SportFishing
Ranked #2 of 12 Tours in South Portland
More attraction details
Owner description: Saltwater fishing charters! Giant Bluefin Tuna, Sharks, Cod, Haddock, Bluefish, Striped Bass, and more! We also offer sea burials and sunset/harbor cruises.
Houston
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Kudos to Kristen K”
Reviewed September 6, 2012

Capt. Ben lived up to his reputation. All the lunar and tide tables forwarned of a bad day to be fishing, but Ben took us to one of his favorite holes and we had plenty of action.

5 Thank OpinionsRB
bluefinforme, Owner at Kristin K Charters SportFishing, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
We had the fishing gods on our side that day! Congrats and we look forward to seeing you aboard again in 2013!

Northern Virginia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Lifetime Memories!”
Reviewed September 5, 2012

We booked the morning inshore fishing trip with Ben of Kristin K Charters. All the reviews were positive so we felt good about booking. We met Ben at the dock and set out on our adventure. The boat was clean and well maintained. We had fantastic weather and motored over to fish for our bait. Ben was great at locating the school of mackerel and we caught about 18 fish in under 5 minutes. It was surreal and gave us quite the adrenaline rush! Next we went to a special spot to fish for striped bass. We literally only had to cast once before the fish were biting. It was amazing!! I think we caught a total of twelve 35"+ fish in under an hour. None of us could feel our arms anymore we were so tired from reelin' em in! I mean, it just doesn't get any better than that! Hats off to Ben for a memorable trip. Simply amazing!!

Visited September 2012
5 Thank LexiMiles
bluefinforme, Owner at Kristin K Charters SportFishing, responded to this review, September 10, 2012
A trip to remember!!!
nyc
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“the best sportfishing trip i've ever experienced!”
Reviewed September 5, 2012

Captail Ben of Kristin K's sportfishing is as good as they get! Three of us went out with him Labor Day morning and had the most successful day of sportfishing i've ever experienced. Ben is nice, extraordinarily knowledgable, keeps a clean boat, and is one of the most affordable charters available. I couldnt have been happier with my experience. To say I will hire Capital Ben again is a gross understatement.

Visited September 2012
5 Thank michael s
Dallas, Texas
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“You definitely want to book this trip!”
Reviewed September 4, 2012

I booked the 8-hr shark fishing trip with Kristin K Charters for my uncle, my husband, and myself for our vacation in Maine. It was by far the highlight of our week long vacation (we also went to Boston and Newport, RI)!! From the beginning, booking the trip was very easy. Ben was always easily reached via e-mail or phone. The night before our fishing adventure, he even called to recommend we leave 1 hr later than planned so that the waters would have more time to warm up and the sharks would be more active. He didn’t cut our trip short an hour either; he just stayed out longer to make up for the delayed start time.
We took the boat about 20 miles offshore – it took approx 1 hour to get out and for Ben to get all of the bait and lines set. Within 30 – 40 minutes we already had our first 200+ lb blue shark on the line. My uncle and husband both had experience deep-sea fishing, but I did not. Ben was great with helping us as much as we wanted or letting us do all the different parts like setting the hook once we had a “fish on”. In all, we caught/released 8 blue sharks. At one time, we had 3 of 4 sharks just swimming around the boat checking out the bait and chum. That was quite a site to see.
Without a doubt I would recommend spending the money to book this great fishing experience! I did not think I would enjoy it near as much as I did. It is definitely exciting to fight a shark and get him all the way up to the boat. Ben was just as enthusiastic as we were every time we caught one. It didn’t matter where he was standing on the boat, he would hear the click of the line before any of us and literally yell “FISH ON” and then sprint to the back of the boat. I don’t know if I was more amazed at his enthusiasm or his ability to run on the side of the boat and never fall in!(haha) He said he had never fallen overboard or had anyone else fall overboard. Safety first!
Again I’ll say, book this trip! It is absolutely worth the money and one of the most fun/exciting things we have ever done – and we seriously travel a lot! We are already planning our next trip back to Maine or down to the Keys to fish with Capt. Ben again.
Here are a few tips from our experience –
1) Bring drinks and snacks. When you’re out on the water for 8 hrs, you are definitely going to want something to eat and drink. Ben even provided the cooler and ice for us to put all of our water, lunch meat, etc. in. But don’t go overboard packing. You aren’t going to starve in 8 hrs and don’t need enough food to feed an army. You can also bring aboard beer – because I know some of you are wondering.
2) If you turn onto Front Street and happen to notice a nursing home, you are in fact in Portland and not in South Portland. Yes, there are two different cities with basically the same name and the GPS will send you to the wrong place if you do not input “South”. But don’t panic even if you are looking at the nursing home, the Front Street you actually want to be on is a mere 15 minute drive away and Ben will be there patiently waiting.

5 Thank AJackson08_11
bluefinforme, Owner at Kristin K Charters SportFishing, responded to this review, September 6, 2012
Thank you guys!
Portland, Maine
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Way to go Capt. Ben”
Reviewed August 28, 2012

Just got back from a stripper trip with Capt. Ben at Kristen K. Charters. This guy knows his stuff he runs a private charter out of South Portland and on a less than ideal day (5-6' swells and gusting winds) he made sure we had the time of our lives. After catching our bait the fun began! I was impressed at how he put us right on the fish. After catching our limit we had a great time doing catch and release with non-stop fun. It wasn't uncommon to have doubles on which always makes for good excitment! Pack a lunch and prepare to enjoy yourself. Based on Capt Ben's personalitiy I'd select him for a day out with your buddies or a trip out with the kids. You owe it to yourself to give this a try.

We're already planning a ground fishing trip in Sept or early Oct and expect another great day on the water.

5 Thank Mike N