“Great lobster prices!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Dock's Seafood

Dock's Seafood
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Soups
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Kids, Local cuisine, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Killingworth, Connecticut
“Great lobster prices!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2013

Five of us from Chicago, Connecticut, and Boston stopped here Monday night after a wake and were immediately impressed with the friendly owner, the cleanliness of the restaurant (which is a fish market too), and the competitive lobster prices. It's a small place with only about 8 tables inside, but we opted for one of the large picnic tables outside. It's BYOB, so the owner told us where to get beer and wine (across the street) and provided the wine opener. We started with fried zucchini, fried mushrooms, and scallops wrapped in bacon -- the zucchini was the best by far -- and then moved on to the delicious main meal: whole fried clams, fried scallops, and fried onion rings. Unlike the nasty cornmeal-coated food found in southern New England, this was the real deal with a light and tasty batter. YUM! Then three in our group topped off the evening with twin boiled lobsters apiece ($29 for two compared to $24 for one elsewhere). The restaurant closes at 8pm but the owner told us to stay and eat, drink, and relax as long as we wanted. The wine and food came to $40 per person. I'd definitely go back but next time I'll skip the appetizers and double up on the onion rings!

1 Thank Jan C

“quick seafood lunch”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2013

Needed a place for a quick lunch and the hotel clerk suggested Dock's. Pleasant and clean. Food was pretty good. We had chowder and lobster roll. The lobster roll was rather small. If I had more time I would have headed to the water front area.

Visited July 2013
Highlands Ranch, Colorado
“Best Lobster Roll I ever had!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2013

Great place to eat! Each year we go back east and found this place in 2012. Had to return! They have the best Lobster Rolls I've ever had, so much lobster and very little mayo. The family that owns it are very nice and we now look forward to returning each year!

Fredericton, Canada
“Not that Great”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2013

We went here because of some of the reviews. It wasn't that the meal was bad but I know we could have had better elsewhere. I had the haddock plate and the portion was huge but had very little flavor. My husband and kids and lobsters. The price was good but you get what you pay for. They all were overcooked. My husband was very disappointed with his meal and we wished we had gone somewhere else.
We would not come back to this restaurant, the seating was limited and the food was just average. Keep driving, there are much better seafood restaurants in this area.

1 Thank 79CanadianGirl
Mason, Ohio, United States
“Great Seafood, Good Prices, Casual Eating with BYOB”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2013

You can't go wrong with Docks. Whether it is a casual plate of Maine seafood, from good old Lobster in the Shell to downhome Finnan Haddie. Located conveniently at the foot of Evans St. in South Portland, we've been there several times (to eat inside or out on the picnic tables), or to pick up fish and shellfish by the pound to take home. Last time, it was Finnan Haddie for my 80-year old mom, and a scallops/clams combo for me. So, grab your date, or your gram, and enjoy some great Maine food!

1 Thank Pam S