“Our room sucked.”

Best Western Merry Manor Inn
Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in South Portland
Reviewed June 13, 2009

I recently stayed at the Merry Manor and was somewhat disappointed. Though the hotel was virtually empty when we checked in on a Friday night for a three night stay, we were given the crappiest of rooms. We were situated across from the maid's office so first thing each morning we were woken up by their chatter. I learned how the maids think nothing of bringing their dogs to work with them while they clean the rooms. I love dogs, but I don't think the two circumstances mesh. Just outside our door was the parking space for every maid cart, that we constantly maneuvered past. Yet being in the hub of maid activity didn't necessarily mean that our room got cleaned. When we arrived back to our room for our second night's stay, our room had not been serviced. When I called to front desk to inquire as to why, we were told we left our room too late in the day (it was still morning when we left and the maid activity was still in full swing). The front desk simply and politely explained that we were SOL, we were not offered fresh towels or coffee for our coffee pot or anything. The next night the room was halfway serviced, still no coffee, and the coffee mess from the first morning was left, so sticky sugar and coffee spots were all over the counter. The room itself had no ventilation in the bathroom and the windows did not open, I turned the room fan on and filled the room with a lovely smell of mold. The bathroom sink was clogged and if you brushed your teeth you had to wait ten minutes for the sink to drain. The shower was so awful I would have fared better with a garden hose. I woke each morning with a back ache from the mattress. So if you want drab room with questionable cleaning, this is the hotel for you.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank tlksbunnies

Reviewed May 8, 2009

We stayed in the Capt. Suite which had a jacuzzi, massage chair, cozy bed, fireplace, and just an all around great decor! The front desk and management were very hospitable and friendly.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 14, 2009

I recently stayed at the Merry Manor Inn for a business meeting. The room I was in was great. It was a prefect setup for the travelor. The bed was very comfortable, room was clean, layout of the room was nice and I love the bath and body works productsin the bathroom.

The staff was very helpful from checkin to checkout.

I would recommend this hotel for business or leisure travel.

Reviewed April 9, 2009

Came down for a sales meeting this stay. Usually come here with family. Great sya once again. Loved the King bed, massage chair and large flat screen TV. Only place I will stay in Portland.

Reviewed March 30, 2009

My family and I chose the Merry Manor because of it's centralized location to both the beach and the Old Port. We had a great stay, from the moment we checked in with the friendly front desk staff. It's always nice to be greeted with a sincere smile! We had two adjoining rooms and they were the perfect size to relax. Both rooms had two queen beds and plenty of space for all of us. The rooms were very clean and equipped with a small microwave and refrigerator. My daughter was happy to utilize the free high speed internet. The kids enjoyed the outdoor pool and looked as if all of the other guests' children were having just as much fun. I liked the fact that in a matter of minutes you could be at the mall shopping or down in the Old Port, and then back to the beach. Sunday morning we enjoyed the breakfast buffet at The Governors and left very full and well satisfied. We will definitely be back!

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed March 26, 2009

My company had a two day sales meeting including an overnight at the Best Western Merry Manor. Long story short...the entire package was perfect. The meeting room was very spacious and the food catered by the onsite restautant, Governor's, was great.
My room for the night included a king bed and desk. Room also had a huge flat screen tv and massage chair! What pleasant surprises! The massage chair was nice after the long meeting day. I also really like the vanity being seperate from the shower area. The vanity included a fridge and microwave but like many of my business trips I did not utilize them because of only staying one night. The pool and hot tub looked great but I didn't have time to use either. The pool appeared to be partially indoor and thoroughly heated gaging the steam rolling off of the surface exposed to the outside air. Staff was very friendly and efficient...overall a perfect stay!

Reviewed March 11, 2009

a group of us girls went blackfriday shopping- booked here and found the staff very friendly & competent. the rooms were very clean and they had extra cots available for extra people if needed. they have complimentary coffee &cookies in the lobby .
Pool & exercise equip, on site too. very nice. we found the manager & stopped in the hallway & told him that he had a great hotel & was pleased with our stay.

• Stayed: November 2006, traveled with friends
#10 of 13 in South Portland
Clarion Hotel
Clarion Hotel
#18 of 21 in Portland

Been to Best Western Merry Manor Inn? Share your experiences!