“Got the Job Done”

Best Western Merry Manor Inn
Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in South Portland
Reviewed July 22, 2011

My room was a bit shabby, but it got the job done. The Governors restaurant just steps away was a nice surprise. Hotel right off highway and easy to find, close enough to airport and easy to get to downtown Portland..

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled solo
BWmgr, Front Office Manager at Best Western Merry Manor Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2011

We are pleased that you enjoyed your breakfast at the restaurant. We continuosly maintain and upgrade our guest rooms to make your stay more enjoyable. The Best Western Merry Manor Inn is easy to find off of Exit 45 on I-95. Our central location is perfect for day trips and our proximity to the airport makes it easy for guests who need to catch an early morning plane.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,434)

Reviewed June 13, 2011

We go to Maine every year for a family vacation. We have made a stop at this Best Western part of our routine. The main reason that we like this hotel so much is their pool. They have an outdoor heated saltwater pool that is just lovely. It's attached to an indoor spa with a waterfall that is just great for relaxing after a long drive. The hotel is pet friendly which really helps as we travel with dogs & cats. The hotel is in South Portland so it's very easy to get to from I-95. It's also an very easy drive to the Old Port for dining & sight seeing. There is a decent restaurant attached to the hotel to make it easy to get up and get on the road again, quickly in the morning. The rooms are clean and a bit dated but the rates are reasonable if you shop around. Call the hotel directly with any requests. They are very accomodating.

Room Tip: Try calling the hotel directly
  • Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed June 10, 2011

I stayed here with two of my daughters for two nights while one of them underwent outpatient surgery. Our room was clean and comfortable, and we were offered a choice of rooms, something nearly unheard-of today. The staff was friendly. We requested an early makeup of our room the first morning so that my daughter could rest after her surgery. The Governor's Restaurant next door, which provides the included free breakfast, was terrific about meeting her requests for meals and preparing them for takeout. Merry Manor made our stressful event so much calmer and easier!

Room Tip: Just ask!
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed June 8, 2011

Our roadtrip passed by Portland so we decided to stay for a night. The hotel is good, with basic amenities included (and the lotion is from Bath and Body Works). Bathroom is clean and not too small. The reception service is fast and nice. It included free parking, free wifi and free breakfast (gratuities is recommended). The down side is it can get a little bit noise during night time. But I still think it is a nice place to stay so I would this hotel recommend my friend!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed June 5, 2011

Our room was too small for a king-sized bed, and the room smelled like people had been smoking in it. This hotel is suppose to be "non-smoking." We called to complain as soon as we checked in but the person at the front desk was no help. Also, not impressed with the decor. The room did not seem clean.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
BWmgr, Manager at Best Western Merry Manor Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 7, 2011

Thank you for your review. I am sorry that the staff could not be more helpful in changing you room assignment. I have already spoken with the associate to give him examples of how he could have better dealt with the situation. I do hope you will give us a chance to help you again in the future.

Here at the Merry Manor we work hard to provide every guest with a great experience. When we slip up we take it seriously and try to make the necessary corrections so that it will not happen again. Thanks for letting us know about your experience.

Reviewed May 3, 2011

The room nice looking but the bed was slightly uncomfortable, the shower curtain was moldy and so was the new one I requested. The window slid open on the side that the curtain didn't open, which made it tough for fresh air to come in and even though the remote was modeled to be easy to clean, there was no sanitizer in the room to clean it - thankfully my boyfriend had some with him to do the job. The wireless internet connection was slow and to find out the password to log-on, I had to call the front desk as I didn't see it in the room. I am very sensitive to chemicals, so I had a reaction to the hand soap that was provided in the room and when I asked for non-fragrant soap at the front desk, he said he had some but was not able "to find it". On a positive note, the television had many channels to choose from and there was a microwave and a refrigerator in the room and there was a lot of hot water. And, the hotel is connected to Governor's Restaurant, which I liked a lot.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed May 3, 2011

The room was very clean and remarkably quiet. I didn't hear any other guests, even though the hotel was busy. The location to transportation was fantastic, and the rates were reasonable. I didn't get to use the indoor/outdoor pool, becuse we forgot our suits, but it looked inviting. I can't wait to come back, just to swim in a snowstorm.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
Howard Johnson Hotel South Portland
Portland Marriott at Sable Oaks
Portland Marriott at Sable Oaks
#7 of 13 in South Portland

Been to Best Western Merry Manor Inn? Share your experiences!