“Comfortable”

Comfort Inn Airport
Ranked #5 of 13 Hotels in South Portland
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed May 29, 2009

We just stayed one night but it was very comfortable, clean and the air conditioner had a thermostat which was perfect. The only problem I had was that the walls were paper thin, I could hear the guy in the next room snoring and when I laid down, it sounded like he was next to me. I had to leave the fan in the bathroom running so as not to hear him so much. Also, the TV kept turning off by itself, very frustrating when you were watching something and it would just turn off in the middle and you would have to go through all the channels to find the program you were watching again and by then, you missed a lot of the movie. The staff was nice and informative and it was close to just about everything. I also have a problem with beds and I didn’t have a problem sleeping in this bed, it was nice and comfy.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple

Reviewed May 15, 2009

We have stayed at this motel twice and will stay there again when in the area. We found the rooms to be clean and of good size; the heat quiet, and the breakfast nice. This is NOT a resort or the Marriott, but it is a nice place to stay. We were grateful they HAD an elevator. Lugging suitcases upstairs is not our idea of fun. Reading some of the other reviews, it makes me wonder how our impressions could be so different. The location is great. Our room was very quiet and nice. We used a coupon from the "Interstate traveller" book and paid $58.85 (senior rate?). A true bargain.

1  Thank Saxeygirl
Reviewed April 26, 2009

we stayed April fourth weekened in this Hotel because of great weather and close proximity to all shopping malls etc. As soon as we checked in we felt some innerfeeling
about this hotel but to be true we found that when we unlocked our room door everything was dirty ,floor not cleaned in bath rooms ,carpets dirty and the towels were ver thin and
old and only one shampoo and small soap.we paid around $ 100 for this waste room.
the rooms were very small and very old with out dated furniture.
The Am breakfast was very little choice with big advertisement.
The only thing which was good is this hotel is near to everything.
we do not recommend this hotel to anybody.

1  Thank MassMorninggirl
Reviewed April 20, 2009

My family and I took a vaction to Florida (Disney & beach) and used Portland to fly from because an excellent airline serves that city. (JetBlue) The Comfort Inn was chosen because it was close to the airport, allowed us to park our car at the Hotel while we where away and shuttled us to the airport. The room / bathroom was quite small but clean, breakfast was included and pleasant. All was well until we returned to Portland. Travellers note: the shuttle driver works only until 16:00, so if your flight arrives later the hotel sends a cab, except only one cab was sent (for two families) and it took at least and hour to arrive. Like most people returning home, the day was spent travelling and at 18:00 hrs with a four hour drive ahead I thought a shuttle bus might be close, (the hotel does ask for your return travel times when you leave your car their for an extended stay.) I called the hotel to voice my concern about #1 the time it's taking for the cab to show and then again when only one cab was sent, the clerk blames the cab company and apologised, too little to late I'm afraid. I can't recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed April 13, 2009

Stayed one night - Room 240... great value... for the price you pay, I dont see anything wrong with this place. True the walls are a little thin and you can hear people taking showers and getting ready in the morning, but other than that - no issues. Bed was comfortable, bathroom was fine, decent amount of cable stations, wi-fi, and continental breakfast was pretty good- staff was pleasant. Might not suggest for a romantic getaway but have no problem recommending if you need a place to stay for a couple days.

Reviewed March 22, 2009

Was attracted to the outside-of-the-Old Port rate but I found the smallest hotel room I've ever been in. Clearly this is an older building and though it was clean and maintained well, our room's bathroom consisted of a toilet and a bath/shower in a space that would be considered small for an RV. To the plus side, the room was quiet and though it is located close to the Jetport, I heard just one plane during my overnight stay and that wasn't objectionable. On my next stay in Portland though, I'll likely explore other options.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 25, 2009

Our trip was scheduled to get into Portland at 10:30 at night. However, our plane was rerouted through Boston and we had to make the one and a half hour drive here to Portland. When we got here at about 4:00 in the morning, we were surprised their was still hotel staff at the desk, but anyway on to the important stuff.

The staff was very friendly in getting us our room for the night. Also, they gave us a map with the attractions and gave us nice tips on where to eat the seafood and attractions Portland has to offer. The room is very clean, borderline suite, makes you feel right at home. Wireless internet is always a bonus for those traveling looking for the best rates, and businessmen alike. My only miniscule problem is with the breakfast, very basic, although I guess you wouldn't expect more with a continental breakfast. Checkout went smoothly, and we were on our way to Acadia National Park.

Lastly, I wouldn't rate in superior because it lacked the value that I usually associate with those kinds of ratings.

Hope this review helped!

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near South Portland
Best Western Merry Manor Inn
#2 of 13 in South Portland
Howard Johnson Hotel South Portland
Hilton Garden Inn Portland Airport

Been to Comfort Inn Airport? Share your experiences!