My mother and I stayed here for 1 night and had a comfortable stay.
Check in: Quick and easy -- only thing was there were 3 staff waiting to help us at the desk and having all 3 of them stare at us while we walked up was a little awkward, especially since none of them greeted us until we were a little closer to the desk. They were friendly and accommodating once we started checking in.
Room: 2nd floor facing the front parking lot/busy road, 1 king sized bed. The room was neat and clean, no complaints. AC was already on so that was a relief since it was hot outside that day. In terms of noise, there is a busy road next to the hotel but it was not bothersome (it's not like there's cars beeping all the time, it's just the sound of cars driving by.) The airplanes that flew over every so often was not bothersome either. The AC probably helped drown out some of the noise that may have been bothersome otherwise for very light sleepers.
The sleep quality was average for hotels -- I don't normally sleep that soundly in hotels due to it being a different bed/environment etc. Bed itself was comfy but the pillows (they had firm and soft pillows) were too poofy for my personal taste.
We were thankful to be able to have a late check out (1:00pm, normally it's around 11:00am). Staff also provided us with a toothbrush which we forgot to bring.
Breakfast had a lot of options: eggs beaters-like, sausage patties, bread, muffins, pastries. For some reason, the eggs my mother got tasted spoiled. When I had mine, they tasted fine. Not sure what happened there.
Overall had a great experience besides the eggs.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This is where you want to be! One block away from the largest mall in Maine. Unwind in our private BBQ/Patio area. We have it all. Beaches, Lighthouses, Entertainment and the Tastiest Restaurants around! Why not enjoy a lobster while you’re here?Smoke Free and an Environmental Leader, Comfort Inn South Portland offers hospitality at it's best! Freshly updated rooms, and an expanded breakfast area offering a complimentary hot breakfast daily, 24 hour Coffee & tea, afternoon cookies, free wi-fi,free long distance in the U.S. & Canada, & flat screen TV's with H.D. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Choice Hotels, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Comfort Inn Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Inn Airport Hotel South Portland
- Comfort Inn South Portland
- South Portland Comfort Inn
- Comfort Inn Airport South Portland, Maine