“Nice”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Boston, Massachusetts
“Nice”
Reviewed July 12, 2014

My mother and I stayed here for 1 night and had a comfortable stay.

Check in: Quick and easy -- only thing was there were 3 staff waiting to help us at the desk and having all 3 of them stare at us while we walked up was a little awkward, especially since none of them greeted us until we were a little closer to the desk. They were friendly and accommodating once we started checking in.

Room: 2nd floor facing the front parking lot/busy road, 1 king sized bed. The room was neat and clean, no complaints. AC was already on so that was a relief since it was hot outside that day. In terms of noise, there is a busy road next to the hotel but it was not bothersome (it's not like there's cars beeping all the time, it's just the sound of cars driving by.) The airplanes that flew over every so often was not bothersome either. The AC probably helped drown out some of the noise that may have been bothersome otherwise for very light sleepers.

The sleep quality was average for hotels -- I don't normally sleep that soundly in hotels due to it being a different bed/environment etc. Bed itself was comfy but the pillows (they had firm and soft pillows) were too poofy for my personal taste.

We were thankful to be able to have a late check out (1:00pm, normally it's around 11:00am). Staff also provided us with a toothbrush which we forgot to bring.

Breakfast had a lot of options: eggs beaters-like, sausage patties, bread, muffins, pastries. For some reason, the eggs my mother got tasted spoiled. When I had mine, they tasted fine. Not sure what happened there.

Overall had a great experience besides the eggs.

Room Tip: Perhaps the room facing away from road may be quieter
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
blandergren, Director of Sales at Comfort Inn Airport, responded to this review, July 15, 2014
Greetings Kay W,

Thank you for choosing us in providing overnight hotel accommodations for yourself and mother. I'm glad to hear that you found our staff to be "friendly" and "accommodating," rooms "neat" and "clean," beds "comfortable," and that breakfast had "a lot of options."

I am sorry that you were not greeted until you reached the counter though. This is not a norm and I will into it, as well as, check in with the breakfast attendant regarding the eggs.

It is great to know that you overall had a "great experience" with us. We do hope you come back!

Jessica l Geary, Sales
207-775-0409 or jessica.geary@withamhotels.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
Tel Aviv District, Israel
Reviewed July 9, 2014

Nice pleasant stay had a very nice time staying in this pleasant very nice hotel will probably stay again if I will come this way again. Will stay here for the next time I will be in the area for it was pleasant

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
blandergren, Director of Sales at Comfort Inn Airport, responded to this review, July 10, 2014
Greetings Levia B,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us that you had a "pleasant" stay with us. We strive to make all of our guests stays pleasant. I will make sure to pass this on to my team. We do hope to see you again. Please let me know if I can be of any assistance.

Newport, RI
Reviewed July 7, 2014

This hotel would get 5 stars if it had a pool and the front doors were both automatic. The staff, location and the superb breakfast rate the full 5. By far the best breakfast at any of the many hotels we have stated at. The rooms were clean and lacked nothing

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
blandergren, Director of Sales at Comfort Inn Airport, responded to this review, July 9, 2014
Greetings satking,

It's wonderful to hear that, "the staff, location and the superb breakfast rate the full 5, " and you thought we had, "by far the best breakfast at any of the many hotels we have stated at." Breakfast can be tricky as we have to appease to many, so that is always appreciated. It's also very good to hear our "rooms were clean and lacked nothing." I will make sure to share this positive review with my team as we all strive to succeed in exceeding guests expectations.

A pool would be great, but we do have a beautiful landscaped patio area with 2 grills for guests to use. We are also close to several beaches. Not the same as a pool, but I'll pass this idea on, as well as, the idea on both sets of doors being automatic.

We hope to see you again!

Florida
Reviewed July 5, 2014

My husband and I stayed here for three nights in August 2013. We had a pleasant stay. This hotel is very close to the airport and convenient to the Maine Mall for dining and shopping.
Even though we had a long flight that day, we were close enough to the attractions in S. Portland
to visit a few lighthouses and a state park.
If you are going to spend the majority of your time in downtown Portland, I would suggest possible getting a room downtown that would allow you to walk to certain destinations. The public parking in Portland is horrible! We wanted to shop, dine and see the museums but two days in a row could not locate a parking space. The day we were scheduled for the Casco mail boat, we parked in a metered spot and received a parking ticket. This was due to the fact that the boat ride was longer than the allowed two hours. We were not the only ones!
I know that August is the peak of the season so perhaps traveling at a different time of year would help. Just keep this in mind...

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
blandergren, Director of Sales at Comfort Inn Airport, responded to this review, July 8, 2014
Greetings juneberries,

I am pleased to hear you that you got to get out and explore some of Portland's many offerings. We are about 4-4.5 miles from downtown Portland/historic Old Port. The cab fee is about $10 one way. We work closely with several cab companies. It's also always nice to hear that your stay was "pleasant." We hope to see you again and please let me know if I can offer any suggestions for other attractions in our area -- we have many!

207-775-0409 or jessica.geary@withamhotelscom
Indian Shores, Florida
Reviewed July 2, 2014

We stayed here for our visit to Portland and it's proximity. Choice Privileges is our usual choice and although the hotel was typical some incidences marred the stay. The check in person was very professional but it was disrupted by another member of staff talking over him the whole time. When we got to the room, I plugged in my computer and found a bag of half eaten chips behind the fridge. At 4:00 in the morning our neighbors received a wake up call which we were well aware of and got to listen to them getting ready to leave, which resulted in no sleep for us.
All said and done my husband asked for a refund which was granted.
The room and breakfast was the usual Comfort standard and even the airplane noise was not that bad.

Room Tip: This hotel is very close to a Jetport.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank millc54
Greetings millc54,

I apologize for your recent stay with us. This is not our guests usual experience. I will look into this. Please feel free to contact me directly. I can be reached at 207-775-0409 or jessica.geary@withamhotels.com.

Montreal, Canada
Reviewed July 2, 2014

Surprised to find garbage in the room upon check in. Next morning, discovered there was no shower curtain. Breakfast area was too small for the crowd and very little food was available. Staff was apologetic and sincere. Not sure I'll pick this place again. Brea

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Greetings Raymo12014,

I am sincerely apologetic regarding your recent stay with us. I will look into this further and ask for your help in this. If you would please contact me directly, I would like to try and rectify the poor guest experience you had. This is not a norm and we pride ourselves on comfort, cleanliness and exceeding guests expectations. I look forward to hearing back from you.

Stockholm, Maine
Reviewed June 22, 2014

Is 243 the VIP room? We had our best stay ever. Thanks to Ms. Buzzell and staff at the desk for accommodating out uncertain schedule.
They now have full HD on all channels! --I'll have to think hard on what to suggest for more improvements: A quieter setting on the AC would be nice but at least it's a constant hum. Maybe a wall-mount for the TV would make it easier to see from bed--just to be picky.
Hope my good rating doesn't raise the price.

Room Tip: 243 on the north side is quiet.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
blandergren, Director of Sales at Comfort Inn Airport, responded to this review, June 27, 2014
Greetings BillMe83,

That's fantastic to hear that you had your "best stay ever. Thanks to Ms. Buzzell and staff at the desk for accommodating" your needs. I will be pleased to share this with them. Yes, we do have HD now! It's great. I never really noticed it until we had it, then seeing TVs that didn't. Huge improvement! I'll pass on the wall mount idea for the TVs. We hope to see you again.

Thank you for the wonderful review and I'm so proud to hear we made your stay great. That is our goal.

207-775-0409
Hampton Inn Portland Airport
#1 of 13 in South Portland
Embassy Suites by Hilton Portland Maine
Fireside Inn & Suites Portland

Been to Comfort Inn Airport? Share your experiences!