“Always helpful”

Comfort Inn Airport
Ranked #6 of 13 Hotels in South Portland
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed March 8, 2014

We've always stayed at this hotel when departing for a trip south. We appreciate for a few more dollars we are able to leave the car where it will be watched a bit more than at the airport. Shuttle service is always ready on the time stated. We find the staff very helpful if something is required. This trip our 7am flight out of FLL was cancelled and we were rescheduled for a flight later the same day, arriving in Portland at midnight. I contacted the hotel from FLL, advised them of the change and they reserved a room for us on the return and advised me a taxi would be sent for pick-up when I called of our arrival. We always find the staff at this Comfort Inn friendly & helpful.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
blandergren, Director of Sales at Comfort Inn Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2014

Hello 1950Renie,

Thank you for your positive feedback regarding our Park and Fly service. Our team tries very hard to ensure that our guests traveling do so hassle free. I'm not sure if you knew, we've staring running our shuttle to the airport at 3:45am -11pm (after 11pm we will pay your cab fare). We also offer a light breakfast between 3:45am-6am for our early travelers. We offer fresh fruit, granola bars and coffee during this time.

We appreciate your time and I am happy to pass your positive reviews onto our team.

Jessica L Geary, Sales

Reviewed February 23, 2014

This hotel is a great place to stay if you are flying out early in the morning. You can park and fly for up to 2 weeks. We have stayed here a couple of times. It is just easier. The shuttle takes you to the airport and picks you up. For one night with 2 queen beds with parking for 2 weeks it is 149.00.

Driving to the airport takes us 2 hours from our home so this makes sense. We don't have to leave home at 3:00 am to drive to airport for an early flight.

Room Tip: I listed the location as very good because it is 5 minutes from the airport. This is not a "va...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
blandergren, Director of Sales at Comfort Inn Airport, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2014

Thank you ASLOV for your feedback. We appreciate your review.

We are happy that we have been able to provide you continuous accommodations while traveling. We try to make our Park and Fly services convenient, comfortable and affordable. We hope that you enjoyed all that our hotel has to offer. We hope to see you again in the near future. Please let me know if I can be of any assistance.

Jessica.geary@withamhotels.com

Reviewed February 16, 2014

The room was great, the bed is terrific. But the breakfast is almost from hell. First the room is too small (and its a lousy layout, all of the tables should be on the front right when you come in, thus freeing the tables), and PLEASE throw that stupid waffle maker in the road before someone hurts someone else with hot batter.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
blandergren, Director of Sales at Comfort Inn Airport, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2014

Thank you Tony D for your feedback. Our housekeeping department takes great pride in making sure the rooms are clean and comfortable for our guests. They will appreciate your kind reviews. I did want to apologize for the inconvenience you experienced in our breakfast area. We just completely renovated that space last year, and added in two waffle makers, in efforts of accommodating the demand for this item. I do hope that you were able to enjoy the numerous other items provided at breakfast.

Please feel free to contact me directly for any future assistance. We do hope to see you again!

jessica.geary@withamhotels.com

Reviewed February 12, 2014

Convenient location to South Portland and easy to get to. Rooms are slightly smaller than most, but were very clean. Entire hotel inside clean and well-maintained. Outlets not very convenient to computer desk. Room heater worked hard to keep up to very cold weather. Bed acceptable but was not as good as the best Choice hotels. Parking lot poorly plowed. Breakfast was slightly better than average.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business

Thank you DavetravelerCt for your feedback. All employees at the Comfort Inn take great pride in our property, appearance and of course, customer service and satisfaction.

I will personally review the outlets next to the computer workstation to see what we can do to make it more accommodating. I apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced in our parking lot. Our plows and maintenance crews have worked hard to keep up with the snow this year. It has been a challenge. Please, if you ever need assistance during a snowy visit, see our desk. They will be able to assist you in services needed. We appreciate your positive feedback on our breakfast. We feel its very important to offer a fresh variety of items that appeal to all who visit us. We hope to see you again and please let me know if I can be of any assistance!

jessica.geary@withamhotels.com

Reviewed January 26, 2014

My husband and I stayed here for one night so he could catch an early morning flight out of Portland. We appreciated that our small dog was welcome at this hotel. However, housekeeping was literally pounding on our door despite the "Do Not Disturb" sign around the outside door handle. This was several hours before checkout time, and I was still getting ready for my day. After they apologized for the interruption, I could hear them just outside the door, complaining about how someone was "still in that room." Well, the checkout time listed is 11:00 a.m., and they nearly kicked me out at 8:45. A person should be able to get their money's worth out of a hotel stay. On the plus side, the breakfast staff were friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
blandergren, General Manager at Comfort Inn Airport, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2014

I am so sorry that happened to you. Please forgive my overly exuberant housekeeping staff in their morning endeavors. I have spoken with them, and they understand the consternation they caused. Do not disturb means exactly that. They will not be doing that again, and they are also very apologetic. Thank you very much for your comments and compliment for our breakfast room staff. We appreciate you taking the time to let us know what we're doing right, and what we can do better. Enjoy your day, Beth Landergren

Reviewed January 23, 2014 via mobile

I've stayed in 6 Comfort Inns in the past two weeks and this is the first one where I can hear the TV in the next room. Honestly I can't remember the last time this happened. It's so loud it's like the TV is MY TV. It's through that odd inner door between the two rooms. It's a big pet peeve of mine. The rest of the hotel is fine, the room is small but clean and there are touches of newness. Not enough plugs and I don't love the sink that's outside of the bathroom but all that I can get over. The TV next door I can't stand though. I'm gonna try some of the other hotels next time I'm in Portland I think. Maybe the rooms without the inner door are better?

• Stayed: January 2014

Thank you for your comments about your experience with staying with us. I'm very sorry to hear that the walls let in so much noise. Yes, you are correct in that there would not be noise without the connecting door. We only have a few rooms that have the connecting door for families who like it. All of our business rooms are in quiet areas and do not have a door. There is also complimentary water and popcorn in the business rooms. Please give me a call if you would like to try it here again, and I'll make sure your room is quiet! Enjoy your day. Beth Landergren 207-775-0409.

Reviewed January 8, 2014

Nice TV and good internet too. We got some beer from the gas station/convenience store on the corner of Maine Mall Rd. and Western avenue (1/4 mile away) and some Indian take-out from Taj (1 1/2 miles), and watched a bowl game. It was a relaxing, no-problems way to wind up a long visit to Maine.

Only possible negative: My wife thought the AC/Heating unit was a bit loud; but I actually appreciated the white noise.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
blandergren, General Manager at Comfort Inn Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2014

Each of our staff look forward to reading comments like yours. It makes us happy to hear that our efforts are noticed and appreciated. We genuinely enjoy our guests.

Beth Landergren

Clarion Hotel
Clarion Hotel
#17 of 21 in Portland
Hilton Garden Inn Portland Airport

Been to Comfort Inn Airport? Share your experiences!