“Great choice for travelers”

Comfort Inn Airport
Ranked #6 of 13 Hotels in South Portland
GreenLeadersSilver level
Baldwinsville, New York
“Great choice for travelers”
Reviewed February 12, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel many times over the years of business travel. Its is very convenient to all major highways I 95 and I 295 and the airport. They offer shuttle service to the airport as well. Great Location!!
Every major restaurant is with in a mile or so,and D'Angelos Sandwhich shop is right around the corner!!! A must!! The hotel staff is very friendly and the property has been maintained well over the years. Little things make this a great stay like cookies at night, soup bar in the lobby and the morning breakfast is well done! The staff who seems to have been there for ever take real pride in their hotel and they are attentive. Rooms are very clean, and a good nights sleep in comfy new beds. The rates are more than worth it during the off season but it is worth the double rates during high tourist season. Compared to other hotels in this price range you cant go wrong its worth the couple extra $$

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
blandergren, General Manager at Comfort Inn Airport, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
Very well said! I agree with a hotel being worth the extra $ to stay in a place where you know for sure that you will have a wonderful experience. I am exactly the same when it comes to choosing a place to stay. Our staff does take pride in their jobs and strive to anticipate our guest needs. Again, well said. Thank you so much! Kind regards; Beth Landergren, General Manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
Tennecape,N.S.
Reviewed February 9, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel on our way to and from Florida every year. I have always been impressed with the cleanliness of this hotel. Staff are always very friendly and accommodating. When we checked in on the way home we were even provided with hot soup and Chili. There is always hot coffee and every night there are warm cookies to munch on. They always seem to go that extra mile to make you feel welcome. This spot is really close to all the shopping in South Portland too. Also close to airport.

Room Tip: while all the rooms are a good size the King size bed rooms are really spacious.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
We will absolutely go the extra mile to make our guests feel "welcome"! We love our guests and look forward to seeing you again and again. Thanks so much! Kind regards; Beth Landergren, General Manager.
bar harbor, maine
Reviewed February 5, 2013

We were traveling through southern Maine and decided to stop for the night in South Portland. The Comfort Inn is conveniently located just off I-95, close to the jetport and the Maine Mall. The lobby is very welcoming and looks newly renovated, the desk staff was friendly and professional, and although I didn't try the soups or fresh baked cookies offered , they looked delicious. I wanted to get in a work out before dinner and when I asked about a fitness room the desk agent said there was not one on the property but.... they offered free passes to a fitness club right around the corner. BONUS, this was so much better than a standard hotel fitness room , it had all kind of great machines, and a friendly atmosphere, I think the name of it is" Basic" I also worked out there the next morning before breakfast. The continental breakfast was well presented and had waffles, eggs, cereals and fresh fruits, also the attendant kept everything clean and well stocked. The guest room was also very clean and the mattress pillows and bedding were great, I slept like a baby. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay.

Room Tip: I always ask for top floor at every hotel, usually the quietest.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Yes, our lobby and breakfast area was newly renovated and expanded last year and does look very open and inviting! Thank you for mentioning our fitness partner "Basics Fitness" for our guests workouts. They are clean, comfortable and offer a full body workout for everyone in an inviting atmosphere. Thanks so much for touching on all our special amenities that make it a home away from home. Kind regards; Beth Landergren, General Manager.
Corydon, Indiana
Reviewed February 2, 2013

Excellent location for airport. Friendly and quick airport shuttle. Drivers are always available, only down side is you need to sign up for morning shuttles and they only leave 15 minutes after each hour. I think they should plan on 2 trips per hour in the morning. A 6:00 AM flight requires the 4:15 shuttle (too early) or the 5:15 shuttle (too late). The warm cookies at 4PM and 6PM are a nice touch, as is the soup at 6:00PM. When I was last there they were trying out an offering of Chile too. Although I have always had to leave before the 5:30 AM breakfast, I have met and talked with Pat,the lady that handles the breakfast and foyer coffee. Pat is a sweetheart and enjoys talking with guests. The front desk staff is caring and responsive.
I am not sure if reviewer "tobro" stayed in the same hotel I did, because I found the hotel to be modern and inviting. Perhaps it has undergone a renovation since that review. I found the room to be odor free and quiet. One can hear a muffled sound of a shower from a neighboring room, but I hear that in my own home. My wake up call was right on time, my room temperature was controlled by me. The bed was very comfortable with nice pillows and a clean sheet covered comforter. My room did not have a microwave and the shower room was small. I had plenty of hot water as well as a heat lamp in the shower room which is important in Maine. My coffee maker worked great and if I didn't feel like making coffee, the lobby has delicious regular and decaf at all times. The lobby also offers hot water for tea or cider. Overall I rate this hotel as top notch.

Room Tip: I was on the second floor on the airport side and slept very well. Floor 2 and 3 are serviced by an...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
blandergren, General Manager at Comfort Inn Airport, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Home away from home. You said it and experienced it. That's exactly what we strive for. I will work on the airport shuttle hours as you mentioned. Thank you so much for the positive feedback! Kind regards, Beth Landergren, General Manager.
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Just before Thanksgiving (so, off-season) I stayed here on the spur of the moment because I was tired from driving all night, I saw a coupon at the rest area, and the front desk actually picked up the phone! The service was amazing! I was invited to check in that early, eat breakfast, and stay into the night. Yes, the hotel is older and cluttered in the hallway...because the atmosphere is very laid back and family friendly, and people from all walks of life are milling around at ease as if they are home. Living in New Jersey, one has to have a certain 'urban paranoia' about security and safety and such. However, I felt safe and secure and comfortable at this hotel. Despite its age and dated feel, everything was immaculate, which at the end of the day is what really matters to me. The best aspect was that the front desk encouraged me to use the free internet, and surprise surprise! it was actually easy to log on AND it worked AND the speed was excellent! I have been at much fancier hotels where this certainly was not the case. I'll definitely stay again, I must emphasize again how amazing the front desk was, they literally treated me like a visiting rock star, I had a wonderful time:) Oh, and the free continental is pretty good but make sure you get there early, the good stuff goes fast and it gets crowded and noisy later in the AM.

Room Tip: Higher floors seemed quieter, but the elevator is very small. Stairs are an easy slant and are much...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
blandergren, General Manager at Comfort Inn Airport, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
So glad you chose our hotel on the "spur of the moment". Sometimes that's when you truly find the gems in life and meet the most awesomest of people that make your experiences personal and memorable :) We truly enjoy meeting and interacting with our guests. That's the best part of coming to work each day. Thank you very much for taking the time to give your feedback. You made our day! Kindest regards, Beth Landergren, General Manager.
Saint John, Canada
Reviewed January 4, 2013

We were snow stranded in Portland and used Trip Advisor to check on local hotels that had rooms available. The room at the Comfort Inn was comfortable and clean, with a King sized bed that was very nice. The in-room internet allowed us to check on restaurants that were located near by and to find a movie theatre that was located close to the hotel. The snowy driveway proved to be a bit of a slippery challenge for some vehicles, we were glad to have all wheel drive. The loyalty program of additional points was a draw for us to choose Comfort Inn.

Room Tip: A room close to the exit door was helpful when dealing with the heavy snowfall we were happy to find...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank GolfGal07
blandergren, General Manager at Comfort Inn Airport, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
Coziness inside, snowy and cold outside; this is the place to be. Don't forget the hot soups during the week, and the fresh baked cookies with hot apple cider. We appreciate your feedback. Warmest regards during this cold season in Maine, Beth Landergren, General Manager
Islesboro, Maine
Reviewed December 22, 2012

Came for a one night stay (thank goodness). I arrived by air at 10 pm. Good points, shuttle was quick to come when called and free. Bad points - older, dingy hotel - stuff stored out the halls, decor was bad even when it was new. I asked for the chance to get a glass of milk from the front desk staff - knowing they can serve in in the am with breakfast - because everything was closed except pizza delivery. She could not be bothered and really could not explain why she could not, i.e., the kitchen is locked, or I am not allowed, just could not swing it. The room (108), dingy, loud street sounds on ground floor, rickety bed - no pillow tops or nice linens here, stained carpet, dirty table. Motel 6 could compete with this one. Quick stay only - ok, but there are other choices in the area for about the same rate. Paid $78, should have been $50 for what you get.

Room Tip: Don't get 108.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank tobro
I'm so sorry you didn't like it here :( We have been working hard to update and refresh our guest rooms. New pillows; a choice of 2 firm, and 2 soft on each bed, new chairs updated our rooms last year along with a remodel of our breakfast room, and lobby. New fresh bedding, and drapes arrived this month. I agree with you that a bright cheerful welcome and a genuine willingness to help you be more comfortable with your stay is what makes the stay memorable. Our front desk staff normally love requests from our guests. It gives them a chance to shine and do what they love best; making our guest feel at home and comfortable. I appreciate your comments. Kind Regards, Beth Landergren, General Manager.
Also consider these accommodations in or near South Portland
Embassy Suites by Hilton Portland Maine
Quality Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites
#9 of 13 in South Portland

Been to Comfort Inn Airport? Share your experiences!