“Very comfortable and very convenient”

Comfort Inn Airport
Ranked #7 of 13 Hotels in South Portland
GreenLeadersSilver level
Perkasie, PA
“Very comfortable and very convenient”
Reviewed November 7, 2012

We just stayed one night while visiting the South Portland area. We will definitely stay at this hotel if we return to the area. The location is perfect, the staff is very accommodating and friendly.

Rooms were a nice size, beds comfortable, and very clean.

Breakfast was also very good, it was a busy weekend and the staff were very diligent in refilling the items that needed to be refilled.

It is very close to I95 and I295, very easy to get around. The Maine mall is within walking distance and the waterfront is a short drive.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
Houlton, Maine
Reviewed November 5, 2012

My husband and I stay at this hotel frequently as he travels for his job. The beds are comfortable, with firm and soft pillows. 2 bottles of water are left for travelers. When we stayed this past week there was a sm pkg of candy left on the bed my husband was thrilled. Breakfast is great. Eggs, cereal, waffles, fruit, yogurt,toast, donuts,etc and free. Great staff and great place to stay.

Room Tip: Rooms away from ice and breakfast room are quieter. We always ask for first floor and its no problem
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Ellsworth, Maine
Reviewed October 19, 2012

I was so happy that they provided me with shuttle service to the airport and also to the bus station! The driver was a great fellow named Ron. Phil the night manager could not have been kinder to me when I arrived well after midnight.Rinette greeted me both times with a smile and thankfully, an umbrella one day! Pat, the breakfast hostess is bubbly with an accomodating soul .Beth the manager has a great team and you can tell they work well with her.My compliments to you! My rooms (two visits) were fresh and clean and very quiet. No thing but rave reviews from me! this is "The" place to stay!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Franklin, New Hampshire
Reviewed October 18, 2012

Wonderful place to stay, staff is so helpful and friendly. Cleaning department is also very friendly
and helpful. The staff caring for the continental breakfast are always friendly and happy.
The rooms are always clean. Hotel is central to many sites to visit. We visit here regularly and this is our favorite place to stay.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Austin
Reviewed October 13, 2012

The staff were all friendly. I was even allowed to check in really early which I really appreciated that day. My room was clean. It had a fridge, micro, and coffee maker. The shower was really good. The hotel is located very close to the airport.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Searsport, Maine
Reviewed October 10, 2012

I checked in very late on 10/8. The front desk manager actually walked me to my car to show me where to park. The hotel is easily accessible. The breakfast was excellent. The inn is very clean with excellend staff.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank William S
san francisco
Reviewed October 8, 2012

We ended out tour of Maine here, as we were flying out early the next morning and wanted to be near the airport. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Our room, however, just didn't feel very clean. The carpets looked very old and dirty and I was a little leery of the bed covers. This was the only place in Maine that gave me this feeling. Also, our bathroom door was so warped, it wouldn't close all the way. The next morning, as we went down to breakfast at 6:45 am, we realized that there was some sort of huge tour group staying there as well, and they were all having breakfast at the same time - so there was a huge line to get in. The breakfast food was pretty bad - it looked like powdered egg "scrambles" almost no fruit, not much selection for people trying to eat healthily.
As we were driving to dinner, we noticed a lot of other chain hotels and will probably stay elsewhere if we come back.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
#1 of 13 in South Portland
Embassy Suites by Hilton Portland Maine
Howard Johnson Hotel South Portland
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites South Portland

Been to Comfort Inn Airport? Share your experiences!