“Consistent with Comfort Inns”

Comfort Inn Airport
Ranked #5 of 13 Hotels in South Portland
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed May 13, 2012

I give it an average rating only because it is consistent with most other Comfort Inns I have stayed at. Very close to the airport restaurants etc. so that's good. We were a drive by check in heading north. Checked in with one of the coupon books you can pick up at the visitors center when entering the state. Rate was very good.

They were doing a fix up of the breakfast area which shows that they are trying to keep up.

Front desk suggested a couple of good dinner locations and their suggestion was good. Thanks Heather ( I think that was her name)

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends

Reviewed May 11, 2012

I spent one night here while on a solo trip to familiarize myself with destinations for an upcoming tour I will be leading.

The hotel is easy to get to from the Exit 46 off I-95. It is just about two minutes from the exit and is within walking distance of a shopping mall and restaurants.

The front desk team was great and very friendly. My check-in was fast and easy. My room first-floor room (#134) was compact, but clean and comfortable. I had a coffee-maker, microwave and a refrigerator. It's by no means "luxury", but it's comfortable and reliable.

To be fair and complete, I have to admit that I was a little dismayed to find a used cat littler box in the hallway a few doors down. I had no big problem with this, but I know that many other people might object to that. I gather than a long-term guest has a cat and they allow them to keep the litter box in the hallway.

I would gladly stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank MattTD
Reviewed May 10, 2012

We usually stay here when we are in the Portland area. It's a well managed location. The staff is friendly and the rooms are quiet, clean, and comfortable. The sink area is separate from the tub/toilet area, which I find very helpful when trying to put on make-up and blow your hair - no steamy mirror. Comfort Inns in the past have been decorated in mostly orange - which is my least favorite color, but this time, when we stayed at several along the way, it seems they are changing to what (for me) are more pleasant colors. This location had already put in new carpet, light fixtures, mirrors, and wall coverings, and they were in the process of enlarging and completely remodeling their breakfast room. The only orange left were the drapes and bedspread. We were there during a very slow season, April 18, so we took advantage of the discount coupon in the hotel discount book that is usually available at McDonald's and some other eateries that are near the interstate freeways. We paid $57.00 plus tax for a king bed for two people. This seems to be in a nice area and their is plenty of parking.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Saxeygirl
Reviewed April 27, 2012

This hotel is well situated near Interstate, Airport, mall and many other stores. The room and bed were very comfortable. It was also very quiet. The property is very clean and staff friendly and helpful. The new breakfast room will be a nice addition when finished. I will be back here.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed April 26, 2012

The front desk attendant YAWNED in our faces while we were checking in. On top of that she was VERY rude when I said I thought they offered free parking (which they don't). Started off our trip in a bad way. The lobby was under construction and there were no signs or apologies made for the mess and chaos.
The room was normal, a little dated on the bed covers but comfortable. Bathroom was clean, air worked great, easy express checkout.
They said they have free drop off and pick up to/from the airport. The shuttle to the airport was fine. Calling to get the shuttle from the airport to the hotel to get our car we were told they were sending a taxi to get us. It was confusing and the taxi driver was VERY rude asking repeatedly for tips and doubling up on fares to make more money, which the hotel gladly paid him. We had to go back in to the hotel with the cab driver to sign off on the taxi ride. Weird situation and I would have felt uncomfortable if I was traveling alone. They should have sent a shuttle bus.

Charged $10/night for parking.

Room Tip: We got the AAA discount rate
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank ribsmalone
Reviewed April 25, 2012

This hotel is conveniently located to the mall and airport. The continental breakfast is excellent--I especially like the waffles. The rooms are clean. The hotel is currently renovating their lobby, which will make the breakfast area more inviting. The shuttle service to and from the airport went smoothly.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 9, 2012

Stayed here several times. Convenient location for airport travel, and not too difficult to get to downtown Portland. Staff has always been accommodating. Parking can be difficult when coming in later in the evening, otherwise, no complaints.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
Best Western Merry Manor Inn
#2 of 13 in South Portland
Hilton Garden Inn Portland Airport
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Portland

Been to Comfort Inn Airport? Share your experiences!