“Really enjoyed our meal”
Review of Jewel of India - CLOSED

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Http://www.mainetoday.com/diningreview.html?id=1171
Toronto, Canada
“Really enjoyed our meal”
Reviewed June 23, 2012

We really enjoyed our dinner at Jewel of India. We had the children korma, aloo saag, nan and rice. Everything was very good: flavourful, delicious and authentically prepared. Service was prompt and courteous. The decor is eclectic but clean and neat. Some may find the portion sizes small but we thought they were ideal for a late dinner. We have had better mango lasse though - it was fine, just not as thick and ice cold, like we're used to. We would not hesitate to recommend this great local spot.

1 Thank MaraInTO

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Great food! Great service!”
Reviewed May 8, 2012

Samosas were excellent. The lamb was very tender. The food tasted great. Our waitress was very courteous.

Visited May 2012
1 Thank Gary F
USA
“Fabulous Food..”
Reviewed May 1, 2012 via mobile

Great food... Great Service. Will recommend anyone who is looking for the best Indian Food in the Area.

1 Thank RISHIMALIK
South Portland, Maine
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good Food, Excellant Customer Service”
Reviewed March 29, 2012

I have been to this restaurant many times and one of the best thing I like about this restaurant is the customer service: Ask the chef to make you wheat flour roti instead of the naan and there it is on your table. Told the chef that l am watching my weight and he suggests different cuisine that will help me. I walk in and the chef knows exactly the level of spices I like and this becomes my best favorite Indian restaurant in town :)

• Visited March 2012
1 Thank Sandeep G
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great value for authentic food”
Reviewed January 9, 2012

I have been going to the Jewel of India restaurant since the day it first opened, and has been going there ever since.

Although there is a wide variety of delicious food items, some of my favorite dishes are Chilly Chicken, Butter Chicken and Chicken Saag. Add a bottle of the smooth Taj Mahal beer and you are ready to partay!!!

The atmosphere is quite authentic as well with posters of beautiful Bollywood celebrities, colorful wall decorations and a dance floor that has come pretty handy during private parties.

As for service, it is quite friendly and prompt. The owner Prem Sharma maintains a very friendly and cordial relationship with his patrons, and is also open to new suggestions.

I have recommended this place to many of my friends and they have all been repeat customers to this restaurant.

1 Thank Sonuperman