“A step above the ordinary”

Maurice Restaurant Fancais
Ranked #1 of 19 Restaurants in South Paris
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 7, 2013 via mobile

We have been to this restaurant several times before we held a rehearsal dinner for my son's wedding there and every meal has been extremely well prepared and presented. The menu choices are varied and offer something for everyone. My son raved about his sirloin with espresso sauce I think everything on the menu was under $20. I can't wait until our next visit

1  Thank Tanker363

Reviewed June 24, 2013

We went here for a company dinner - delicious food, great service (served all 20 of us at once, not an easy thing to do in a timely manner), outstanding dessert. The turkey was tender, gravy was very flavorful. Very good choice!

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Dinner is somewhat pricey but you would expect that from this type of restaurant. Food and service are "old school" and gracious. A nice place to celebrate special occasions! Lunch is much cheaper--a good value!

Reviewed February 3, 2013

This restaurant has been in South Paris for years, but it's never been better than now. The owner prepares original and tasty meals. The atmosphere is quiet and pleasant for fine dining. You feel comfortable dressing up or down and have a great meal!

Reviewed January 23, 2013

We were heading up to Sunday River on Saturday night, and I was dreading the typical fast food stop in Paris. Determined to have something nicer that included wine and a vegetable, I found this gem of the restaurant on Tripadvisor. We called in and made reservations just in case. I also asked if they had a kids menu. They didn't, but they said they would be happy to make something for our girls (11 and 8).

We arrived about 15 minutes early, but they sat us right away. The establishment is an an old house and we sat in what was probably the front parlor. The ambience is very homey and the servers were delightful. Yes, they do have baquet chairs and their silverware looks quite industrial, but they try really hard. They lay out a bunch of silverware, they lit a cute candle for our table, and they even served us an intermezzo of sorbet.

They were very accommodating to our girls. They made them some pasta and homemade chicken tenders.

My husband and I split their large caesar salad, which can be prepared in the kitchen or for a few $ more can be prepared table side. We saved our money and just had them bring it out minus the anchoives. The dressing was excellent, obviously homemade, but just a little too thick. Don't get me wrong, the salad was not drench in dressing as some caesars are, but it was just a little too much for us.

My husband got the Boston Haddock and I got their special that night, Haddock Piccata. We both ordered the petit portions. Mine was phenomenal and my husbands was just ok. They had a lot of other seafood and steaks to choose from so we will definitely go back.

When the bill came we were charged for the regular portions, not the petit. I didn't think we received the regular as they both came in small bakeware dishes about 6 inches long. The server stated they were the regular portions, but she gladly discounted the bill.

Oh, and thanks to the reviewer who mentioned the clearance wines. We turned to the back of the wine menu and found a red wine from Portugal for $20. It was outstanding!!!!!!