“Worst motor inn we ever stayed in”
Review of Paris Inn Motel

Paris Inn Motel
Paris Inn Motel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in South Paris
Reviewed June 20, 2012

If you want some advice, go elsewhere.We stopped at around 9:30pm and we were exhausted.
I asked for non smoking room because my husband and son both have asthma and allergies. Night clerk ,who by the way was not very polite and didn't want to bother with anyone assured me it was a non smoking room. I thought it was a little pricey for a motor inn of its appearance but my husband and son said take it. The room reaked of stale cigarette smoke!! The sheets were all stained, mattresses were really bad. Falling apart, caved in to the middle and the twin bed squeaked every time my son even moved an inch!!! I went back to the office, rang the bell and waited again for a response. I informed the night clerk that the room reaked of smoke and she said that no one should have smoked in that room!! Well, believe me more than one occupant had smoked in there!! She gave me some frebreeze which I sprayed periodically all night so my husband and son could get some sleep. Bathroom shower was dirty, the curtain on the bathroom window was a dirty towel.Next time, we will look for a motel on the computer first and read the reviews before picking one.6-17-2012.When we go back in July, we will not stay here!!!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Barbara B

Reviewed June 3, 2012

I have stayed at this motel 3 summers running - it is clean, warm, no peeling paint/and or loose or missing tiles in the pretty pink/green bathroom. True, there is no deadbolt on the door, but I am guessing if you asked 100 residents of the town, 95 would say they don't even LOCK their home doors. The last time I stayed at this motel it was cold and rainy, yet my room was cozy and warm (I had to turn down the heat). The refrigerator/freezer worked fine, as did the microwave. The room was freshly painted (it appeared) the first time I stayed there 3 years ago and I have had the same room each time, so cannot comment on the others. It is still fresh appearing. I wonder how many respondees have stayed in hotels/motels in foreign countries - or in THIS country if they are on a tour of any kind. I find this Goodwins Inn to be comparable to many other places I have stayed in while on a tour (the agencies find the cheapest facilities to keep their tour prices low) - in fact this place is much cleaner than many. Bedbugs?? I haven't even seen a house FLY (prevalent in Maine) during any of my stays at this motel. I have stayed previously at the Inn Towne Motel - no difference to my mind, but they are not pet friendly which is why I chose Goodwin Motor Inn. This is by no means a NEW motel, but is perfectly adequate if you are just intending on just sleeping there and being out and about during the day. With only three motels in the general vicinity, there isn't much of a choice - have stayed in them all with little to no difference to my mind. Very quiet as well (aside from traffic noise). My TV worked fine - but I did need assistance in figuring out the clickers from the very accommodating maid. Lots of channels. There is no iron, no hair dryer, no coffee pot - but what can you expect for the low, low price? Plenty of coffee shops/restaurants/fast food places within walking distance. Also, I found the person at the front desk to be extremely friendly, as are the maids who cleaned my room.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed September 27, 2011

My wife and I stayed here 11/7/10. Cold and rainy night. The desk clerk was barely polite. I didn't inspect the room very well until after we moved our luggage in. The carpets and the chair upholstery were stained and not clean looking. The shower stall had been painted with regular housepaint, and the paint was blistering and peeling off and clogging the drain. The rest of the very small, cramped bathroom was not clean looking. The room had an electric baseboard heater, and the room was cold. We went out for dinner, and the room was tolerable on our return, and acceptably warm by morning. The towels and sheets were clean. In spite of the considerable rain, the room was dry and not humid. Although it was better than sleeping in a tent in the mud and rain, it was very overpriced for the quality.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Frank A
Reviewed April 8, 2011

I would NEVER EVER STAY AT THIS HOTEL. Room wasn't clean, shower didn't work... I high recommend everyone to stay at INN TOWN MOTEL.. alteast they have better service, much cleaner room. Owner is so geneous and nice guy.

I WOULD DEF. STAY WITH INN TOWN AND RECOMMEND to ALL MY FRIENDS..

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank paulsmith3010
Reviewed March 3, 2011

There are two hotels in the area, Goodwins and The In Town Inn. I chose Goodwins, but would not stay there again, but would try the other place; it can't be any worse. This was confirmed when a local I was talking to (who did not know me and did not know were I was staying) said "You're not staying at Goodwin's, are you?"

The owner was nice enough, but the office reeked of stale smoke.

Cons:
My no smoking room had an odd smell to it.
Small shower that took several minutes to heat up.
Bare bulbs over the sink, with switches over the sink.
No coffee, no iron, no internet.
No deadbolt, no chain on the lock, just a thumb lock on the knob

Pros:
It was quiet and the price was right.
Restaurant in the parking lot for a decent breakfast.
Fridge and microwave
Good cable TV

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank DiploJohn
Reviewed September 19, 2010

My husband & I traveled back to ME to visit the children & grandchildren.
We stayed at Goodvins & enjoyed it as we did before we moved to TN.
Everything was clean. The beds were so comfortable.
We're looking forward to our next trip back to ME in the spring/early summer
or 2011.
We will stay at Goodwins again when we get to ME.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 11, 2008

We chose this hotel because we could not get a room nearby (30 minutes away) because of a homecoming. The motel has not been up-dated since the 1950s, and everything was bolted down.
The owner was nice, but she insisted we pay both nights ahead of time. The first morning, there was no hot water which was blamed on the person who had come in to fix the furnace. The owner never offered a refund. The beds were comfortable enough, but the room was not as clean as it should have been -- needed dusting. The washroom was clean and the room had a microwave and refrigerator. Although this motel is on the main street, it was quiet.
Unless you cannot find any other place to stay, I would avoid this one.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled with family
Hampton Inn Lewiston-Auburn
Poland Spring Resort
Poland Spring Resort
#1 of 1 in Poland Springs

Been to Paris Inn Motel? Share your experiences!