“a little piece of maine” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of China Dine-ah

China Dine-ah
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Full Bar, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
“a little piece of maine”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2012

Great menu, must try the Strawberry Shortcake!!!!! They serve it for breakfast!!!! you shouldn't be disapointed

Visited June 2012
Sherri G, General Manager at China Dine-ah, responded to this review, July 26, 2012
Thank you so much for your wonderful review. We are very happy that you have enjoyed your visits with us and look forward to serving you again. As for opening in Portland... it is doubtful but one never knows. We look forward to seeing and serving you again soon.
Sherri

Scarborough, Maine
“It's All Good!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2012

When ever I am in the South China area, I always make it a point to eat at the China Dine-ah. On each visit the food had been consistently good. Once there were 6 people in our party and we all had a different entree. Everyone was pleased with their selection. The portions are generous and when you leave, you have that feeling of having just finished a great meal. The staff is friendly and you can tell there is attention to detail in all aspects of this restaurant. The decor is pleasant and spotlessly clean. If you are looking for a ‘Maine‘ experience that you won’t find in a chain restaurant, this is the place. I like to do business with locally owned and operated businesses and I would highly recommend the China Dine-ah. If you travel to the Common Ground Fair from Southern Maine this is a great place to eat on your way home. I hope someday the owner will consider opening a location in the Greater Portland area.

• Visited June 2012
Livermore Falls, Maine
“Excellent alfredo disappointing baked stuffed haddock”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2012

My wife had vegetable alfredo over linguini and pronounced it perfect . A huge serving of perfectly cooked linguini topped with a delicious alfredo sauce laced with barely crisp fresh vegetables . We brought home enough for two servings that held up very nicely to warming in the microwave. If this had been our only entree my rating would have been excellent,
Sadly it wasn't . I had the baked stuffed haddock . The fish was dry ,overcooked and not fresh . Also, the stuffing did not live up to the menu description . No shellfish in it that I could see. Very heavy and bland tasting . A glob of sauce was barely passable . I would give this entree a 2 rating. (on a good day )
As others have mentioned, our server was great . Friendly , attentive and courteous .
My advice would be : go Italian stay away from the fish.

• Visited June 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Sherri G, Manager at China Dine-ah, responded to this review, July 26, 2012
I am very sorry to hear about your disappointment with our baked stuffed haddock. It is a dish which we sell many of and we have always been proud of. I have talked to the chef to see what may have gone wrong with your dinner. Hopefully you will try it again and, should it not be what you were hoping for, please ask to see me. We value our customers opinions. Thank you. Sherri
South China, Maine
“Convenient if you live in China...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2012

If you live in town this place is convenient and quick - but, you'll pay quite a bit and the food is just 'ok'. We've been several times and now I'm at the point where I'm just tired with the menu - it really seems catered to older people. Beans and franks, lots of fried food, and prime rib.....even when there is something good, like scallops, you get a small amt of seafood served over a huge portion of soggy fries - $18 worth of fries is not my idea of a good meal.
This place is nothing to gush over - every meal I've had is just mediocre.

Visited April 2012
2 Thank HollieK4
Smithfield, Maine
“Nothing could be finer than to eat at the China Dine-ah”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2012

I have never had a bad meal here. The price is right, the food is good, and the people are great! Stop in you never know you might see Jon James!