“Beautiful, rustic resort...but a little pricey”
Review of Migis Lodge

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in South Casco
Migis Lodge
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in South Casco
Reviewed January 26, 2011

My husband and I stayed at Migis Resort this past August to celebrate our 1st wedding anniversary. I had been to Migis a long time ago as a child with my parents and some 15+ years later still remembered Migis!! That in itself speaks volumes about the resort. We chose Maine because it such a beautiful state. We are from New Jersey and wanted a change of scenery without having to get on a plane, customs, etc. We also wanted a change of pace from the usual Caribbean vacations. We did love the rustic feel this resort has. The views are gorgeous, lake breath-taking, grounds and cabins well-maintained and very cozy. My husband and I are both a little "woodsy" and this place definitely has that type of feel to it. Food was awesome as well. I love Lobster and was able to eat a whole Lobster just about every night! :)

There were a few drawbacks, but overall nothing that would hinder us from visiting Migis again down the road. The first being the price. I found the price tag a little steep...over $3,500.00 for 4 nights only. That's not including air fare either...we drove up from NJ. On top of that, the day we went to check out, they had never credited our advance booking deposit of $500.00 on to our account. They took care of it only when I realized it, but needless to say, that left me with a bad taste in my mouth.

There were also a lot of children there. Not that it such a bad thing, my husband and I both love kids...however, we were the only couple there without children. I also found that we were the youngest people there, minus the kids. Most people there seemed to be middle aged couples traveling with 2-3 kids. We are both in our late 20's. This is more of a family resort...perhaps we will visit again down the road when we have our children.

I was also upset about was finding a tiny mouse in the kitchenette sink our 2nd or 3rd night there. At first I thought it was fake and my husband was playing a joke, but then it moved and I almost died. Luckily my husband caught the thing in a glass and let it out outside. We then called the office and told them about it. They sent out some kind of manager or assistant manager and he was a little bit rude and snotty about the occurence. He did place traps along the cabin and luckily we didnt have any more suprise critters. When I asked if there was anything more they could do for us in regards to the mouse situation, he was a bit snotty...saying "well this is the woods" or something to that effect. Well, yes we know that...that's why we came here. We also know that things like that happen in the woods, as we live on five wooded acres in NJ. However, I was moreso expecting a chipmunk getting in through the porch and not a mouse!

The last thing, we wanted a cabin with lake views. I was assured the cabin we booked had a lake view. It did, but barely, the view was very obscured by a thick tree covering.

Overall a nice place...expensive. It'll be a few years at least before we'd go back.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
4  Thank ReeRee1214

Reviewed September 9, 2010

i have travelled since childhood in Maine, and selected Migis based on its association with the Black Point Inn. Lovely setting, but definitely not worth the exorbitant price!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank maddyvt
Reviewed June 10, 2010

I'm generally reluctant to write travel reviews on TripAdvisor, but I'm making an exception for Migis Lodge. Like many people, I have very fond memories of spending summers at camp in my younger days. As an adult, I've often lamented the fact that there's no summer camp for grown-ups (spas do not count). If you feel the same way, Migis Lodge is the answer. It's all here- the beautiful outdoors, sporting, group meals, rustic accommodations, friendly people- but no one is going to come down on you for breaking curfew this time around.

As a previous reviewer mentioned, the food (especially the Friday night lobster bake) is wonderful. My partner made the comment that even the eggs at breakfast were exceptional. As for myself, I preferred the seemingly-homemade doughnuts, and I'm seriously considering calling to get the recipe for their breakfast potatoes.

The staff was very friendly and accommodating without being obtrusive. Bonus points for having the fireplace ready to go by evening each night. When I found that our cabin lacked a corkscrew, they were more than happy to provide one.

My minor complaints (if you can call them that), are pretty silly: we had a chipmunk in the cabin our first day, our bathroom lacked a hair-dryer, and the Connect Four game in the living room lacked enough pieces to play. See? I told you they were silly. One thing that some people might have a problem with is the fact that the cabins lack locks on the doors. I got the feeling that this was a sense of pride for Migis Lodge, but it is a bit odd, especially considering that you're required to pay in cash. Maybe that's just the New York City in me coming out, and I suspect that's exactly what Migis Lodge was trying to exorcise.

Still, if you feel simpatico at all to my review, then I highly recommend the Migis Lodge. My partner and I will long remember the afternoon we spent rowing out on one of the lodge's boats to scout around the islands on Sebago Lake (not to mention my friend's beautiful wedding). Memories are priceless, and you'll certainly find them here.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
4  Thank AlicePalace
Reviewed May 31, 2010

I went here with my fiance for a wedding and was pleasantly surprised. Honestly it was the best wedding food I've ever had. We both had an amazing time. He went kayaking and golfed with his buddies and I worked out in the outdoor covered gym (amazing) and played tennis. Our cabin (Sunset) was very upscale (I am a city girl so I was a little scared it might be like a ratty camp) but you still felt like you were in nature. We both can't wait to return. We both feel so relaxed. It was a nice break from Manhattan.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank needwarmweatherasap
Reviewed May 12, 2010

My husband and I were invited to a destination wedding for our nephew. The lodge is rustic; but the grounds are kept well and the food served was perfect. They were able to serve steamed lobster for the rehearsal dinner to perfection. The wait staff was conscientious and the lodge staff was very courteous.

The only problems were there were no coffee makers in the cabins and you had to walk a long distance to get a cup of coffee in the morning. They ahve the logs ready to be started in the fireplace and the ice bucket is filled daily.

It is an all amenities, with full menu for one fixed price. they do not take credit cards, so if you go you have to pay cash or with a check.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 4, 2008

I am happy to see that Migis will now provide shampoo, shower gel, etc., in the rooms. We have been going to Migis about every other year but their arrogance of not providing basic toiletries really bothered us (quite a large family) and prompted us to go elsewhere. It just felt they were trying to get away with as much as they could.

Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
2  Thank Airedales2
Reviewed April 8, 2008

amazing private little place in maine right the lake. all meals are included with rate and fantastic.

i had the best salt scrub/ body wrap and massage there that ive ever had! they have this great little secluded place in the middle of the woods. all you can hear are birds and other little forest nosies :)

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled as a couple
#1 of 1 in Oxford
Hilton Garden Inn Auburn Riverwatch
The Westin Portland Harborview
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Windham

Been to Migis Lodge? Share your experiences!