“great lunch, considering”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Durham, New Hampshire
“great lunch, considering”
Reviewed August 11, 2014

Every summer the drama in S. Bristol is whether the food at Coveside is as good as the view. Some years it has been awful but in my opinion it's very good if you factor in the view. I have only had lunch there this year and some renters I know said their dinners were disappointing but I say "go for lunch with a good attitude" and you will not be disappointed.

New Hampshire
“Poor Ownership”
Reviewed August 8, 2014

We went here twice during our vacation. We spent a lot of money for a party of 9. We just left there tonight and there was a party of 14 in front of us that didn't make a reservation (we did)... They left because the restaurant couldn't accommodate them (though it wasn't busy)... Then the owner met us and said "you reserved the outside deck, that ain't gonna happen" .. Really?? We went out on the deck as the weather changed... He never acknowledged us... But catered to other tables... Very slow service... He has a primo doña attitude... My restaurant ... My rules... Too bad.., nice view ... Not so welcome owner.....

• Visited August 2014
2 Thank JCoplan
Oyster Bay, New York
“Perfect location for dinner with a view!”
Reviewed August 8, 2014 via mobile

View is perfect, seating indoor or outdoor is super, food is delicious, however the only problem was that the service was slow. Other than that it was a perfect night for me to meet a friend who sailed up from New York!

Dessert note...ask for them to be heated up (pies especially)

Visited August 2014
Tucson
“Quaint setting and wonderful food.”
Reviewed July 25, 2014

There were 5 of us for lunch and we ate like there was no tomorrow. The younger adults had just come in from a kayak paddle and were ravenous. The only problem is that everything looked so good that we just kept ordering and ordering and eating it all. We did not eat for the rest of the day. It's true that they did not take beforehand reservations but we trusted and showed up and they were courteous and gave us a great table on the deck. There is also a secondary deck so if the primary one is not available, anyone wanting to eat outdoors can still be on the water with a view. Eating lobster there was not our primary goal although one of us did have a skewer, I think, and loved it. Their mussels are amazing. The fresh oysters were also fabulous. I could go and on but getting hungry just thinking about that day. :-) If you're luck enough to be in Christmas Cove where this restaurant is located, you're lucky enough….to paraphrase a Maine saying.

1 Thank Frances3944
Canton, Massachusetts
“Liar”
Reviewed July 19, 2014

My sister and I called today, July 19, to make a reservation for lunch. The person answering the phone said they didn't take reservations for lunch but said 2:30 was a good time to come by and get a water view table. We arrived at that time, were then shown to a table on the deck. It was not by the rail, but in a corner. There was a table by the railing and a waitress said, "sure, we could move there." As we moved to the table a man, possibly owner or manager(never identified himself) told us it was reserved. The waitress questioned him as we also did, as we were told no reservations were taken for lunch!! He repeated that it was reserved!! We left as we had now been there 20 minutes: no table and no service! As a resident of Christmas Cove I am angry that this restaurant seems to have two policies on reservations that can be used at will. I will not recommend it to any friends or family who use our home as the man who denied us the table was rude, arrogant, and a liar. Try Lanes lobster take out in Damariscotta for a freshly made lobster roll!!(half the price of Coveside's lobster roll)

6 Thank J C