“Enjoyed it very much”

Cuisines: American
Maine/New York
“Enjoyed it very much”
Reviewed July 28, 2014

The owners did a great job in redesigning the place. I love the small couch in the waiting area, and the wall separating the dining room from the bar looks great. The high tops are comfortable, too. Cloth napkins are a real plus. The waitress was patient and explained everything to us that we asked. She was even kind enough to go into the kitchen and ask the chef about a particular ingredient. The portion sizes were fair. It is great to see a menu that has some items for under $10. There are some food I don't eat, so I wish there were less items with cheese and meat. But others may be thrilled with that. I think the only fish items were scallops and lobster, so for those who don't eat shellfish that is a problem. The anchovies, quinoa, and brussel sprouts were especially delicious. Hopefully, the chef will add a fish or an additional chicken item. The rabbit sounded wonderful, but it contained foie gras. I hope people support this local place. I understand the menu changes frequently, so I am looking forward to returning to try different dishes. They don't take reservations, but you can call ahead and put your name on the wait list. That is a good thing.

Saco, Maine
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food, great people”
Reviewed July 26, 2014

It is well worth the drive to find this great new restaurant. The food , the people, the service all fabulous. A comfortable fun place to enjoy creative dishes using fresh local ingredients. Hats off to everyone involved.

York, ME
“A great new place worth visiting”
Reviewed July 24, 2014

We ate there with friends - a group of 6 - so it took a little while to be seated. This was a weeknight, and it was busy. Very friendly people, nice atmosphere, good food. You can wait at the bar if it's crowded, or (I believe) even outside with a cocktail, while you wait for a table. Great variety on the menu, and everyone loved their choices. The wait staff was helpful suggesting some apps for the group. The specialty cocktails were a little expensive, but good. We'll go back.

• Visited June 2014
Cheltenham
“Amazing food!”
Reviewed July 19, 2014 via mobile

I've been all over the world and have eaten in amazing restaurants, and this is one of the best. An absolute gem of a place.

Eliot, Maine
“A memorable feast!”
Reviewed July 15, 2014

Last night was my second time at Thistle Pig and the food and service on both occasions was top notch. I highly recommend the dinners for two. The cocktails - especially liked the "herb garden" were fabulous. Great job - we'll be back!