“Small tap list but Good Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Pepperland Cafe - CLOSED

Pepperland Cafe
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
York Beach, Maine
“Small tap list but Good Food”
Reviewed August 30, 2013

just in the news, closed now by the Maine Tax Department. Too bad, food was always good and tap list small but interesting.

Visited December 2012
1 Thank Trolleyman

Dover, New Hampshire
“Best in the Area”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

They make their own ketchup.
The menu is perfect. Good old favorites and new creative inventions. Innovative drinks and excellent crafty beer selection. Brunch on Saturdays & Sundays is the best around - try the quiche!

Visited July 2013
New Hampshire
“Luncheon Surprise!”
Reviewed May 18, 2013

While traveling through South Berwick on a lazy Saturday I spied the Pepperland Cafe sign and thought we'd stop in for a quick bite. What a fantastic surprise! We never expected to enjoy such fine food and drink in this small cafe. The service, friendly and attentive.

Our brews, were cold and refreshing. My wife's chicken dish with a small salad, sumptuous. My fish cakes some of the best I've ever had. Atmosphere, very relaxing on a late Saturday afternoon. Music, calming and at the right volume. Kind of felt like we were in a small cafe in Paris.

Worth the trip to South Berwick. We're looking forward to returning to try their brunch and dinner offerings.

I give Pepperland Cafe, two thumbs up!

• Visited May 2013
Newburyport, Massachusetts
“Love the Sunday Brunch”
Reviewed April 29, 2013

We have been going to the Pepperland Cafe for the past several years and look forward especially to their Sunday brunch. There is no match anywhere for their corned beef hash, and their blueberry pancakes are tops as well! Beyond brunch though, their lunch and dinner menus offer some unique choices and are always well prepared. Love their selection of draft beers as well. The only downside is sometimes there is a long wait, but that is the price to be paid for freshly prepared food at great prices and a friendly staff.

• Visited April 2013
South Berwick, Maine
“Ups and Downs”
Reviewed April 23, 2013

Being very local we have been to Pepperland on a few occasions. That being said, I believe one of the issues I have with the establishment is inconsistency. It's not a place where I feel like I can order anything and it will be great- it is very hit or miss.

A couple dishes that I can count on are the Buffalo Hawg wings which are just delicious (I don't care for the polenta that accompanies them) and the tres leches (not always available).

I have also tried the mac and cheese, which just didn't appeal to me; the burger, which was ho hum; the crab cakes (which I believe were removed and replaced by the fish cakes), which were dry; and the potato salad, which again just didn't appeal to me- it was probably too "German" for me as I found it to be a bit sour and overwhelming.

We have friends that enjoy Pepperland very much- the restaurant does have a strong beer selection and a multitude of friendly faces. It's just not a place I would personally recommend.

Visited November 2012