“In Life, Timing is Everything, so Enjoy It When You Can”
Review of Spring Hill Lodge

Spring Hill Lodge
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Fremont, New Hampshire
“In Life, Timing is Everything, so Enjoy It When You Can”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

My wife and I dined at the Lodge Restaurant at Spring Hill recently and were thoroughly impressed with the food, the service, the ambience, the pace of the dinner experience, and in summary, just about everything. That includes the appetizers – my wife selected the chilled cucumber soup and myself the Brie and crackers served with blueberry chutney; the salads, green and Caesar salads, and the entrees – the Mediterranean shrimp and my wife’s selection of fresh scallops. The homemade desserts were excellent and sumptuous enough, at least in my case, to take home. Most all ingredients were farm fresh locally to table and you can taste it in every bite. While diners who are anxious to have their courses delivered promptly, one after the other might find some fault with the servers and the kitchen, speaking for myself and my wife the brief interlude between courses enabled us to walk out on the balcony overlooking Knight’s Pond, take in the countryside view and allow us to digest each course distinctly and enjoyable. Overall, this is a wonderful dining experience. Just do yourself a favor and give it the time it needs to take it all in.

1 Thank NHFamilyORBound

Dracut, MA
“Really good”
Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

We were pleasantly surprised with this restaurant! Im happy to give it a good review. The food quality is excellent. The place is a wedding venue. The best way I can describe it is the food reminds me of the tasting meal you get for a wedding. It's always better than the food at the actual wedding. Atmosphere is ok. Service is great but slow so plan accordingly. Finally check out restaurant.com for a coupon. We spent 100$ and got 50$ off! Mind you we got 4 alcohol drinks two entrees two appetizers two salads one desert and coffee and tea for that price! You could get away much cheaper as the cost of the items were very reasonable. Definately would go back again!

1 Thank RobinWyman75
New England
“Slow service, OK food”
Reviewed July 4, 2013 via mobile

I tried a lot of menu items and the food was just OK. Service was shockingly slow... one of the longest meals of my life. And, when each course arrived it was nothing special. The best part of the meal was the warm bread but it took a long time to get that too and it came after our salads. I would not go back.

1 Thank Napalicoastkauai
GRAY
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“GREAT PLACE TO DINE”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Great service, courteous staff, good food, and very reasonable prices. Always well decorated for Chrismas, nice live music on Sundays, and on other special holidays. I would highly recommend this restaurant.

• Visited November 2012
Farmingdale, Maine
“Perfection”
Reviewed November 15, 2012

Three of us went to Spring Hill Lodge tonight for dinner. All three meals were cooked to perfection. I have never had a more delicious duck. My son had the Chicken Macadamia and my husband had the Wiener Schnitzel. They both loved their meal. For dessert my husband had the apple pecan bread pudding with butterscotch topping and my son and I share a cream puff with chocolate on top. Both desserts were amazing. The service was also excellent. Not one of us could think of a better dining experience then the one we had here tonight. We highly recommend Spring Hill Lodge for the best dining experience you can have.

• Visited November 2012