“Casual, delicious food, served by friendly staff”

Fogarty's Restaurant
Cuisines: American, Italian, Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Swampscott, Massachusetts
“Casual, delicious food, served by friendly staff”
Reviewed December 27, 2013

This has been a favorite of my mother for some time; she lives in Wells, ME. She and I ate here a short time ago. The house-made onion rings are quite good. Finding good house-made O-rings is a rarity these days. I also enjoyed the stuffed haddock, which was very tasty. Upon leaving I purchased a bag of chocolate chip cookies. While they were good, I do prefer my chocolate chip cookies to be made with all brown sugar; these incorporated some, if not all, white sugar.

The Saturday before Christmas, my mother took my two sisters, brother, sister-in law and I to Fogarty's. Again, the O-rings were a hit. The butternut-cranberry soup was a hit with me and my sister-in-law although my sister thought is was too sweet.

I chose the steak tips and scallops. The tips were cooked just right and with the gorgonzola cheese and sauteed onions they were absolutely scrumptious, although the portion size on the scallops seemed a bit small, given the price of $8.

My siblings were equally happy with their meals.

My Mom chose Grapenut Custard for dessert and a sister chose the brownie sundae, while the rest of us too a pass. Both were enjoyed.

Bottom line? Fogarty's is a good choice when you're looking for good food at reasonable prices. It is a place that I will return to and recommend to others.

• Visited December 2013

new england
“good food”
Reviewed October 28, 2013

love the chicken tenders with their house made sweet and sour sauce.
has been a favorite of ours for years!

Visited October 2013
1 Thank Kathy C
sanibel
“Great fish sandwich”
Reviewed October 22, 2013

Get there early, very busy, very good food, terrific service, can be a little noisy. Not easy to find

Visited September 2013
1 Thank Dave J
“Always Good Comfort Food”
Reviewed October 19, 2013

Fogarty's is always a stop we make while visiting the Dover, Portsmouth NH area. We remember when it was an ice cream window! You can count on a good meal, moderately priced, and served in a friendly atmosphere. The clam chowder, onion rings, haddock sandwich, tuna melt, fried seafood options (hubby and kids love this), steak tips and delicious homemade desserts are a few of our favorites. In addition, they are now offering a gluten free menu, however, read the warnings on the menu carefully because their kitchen is not set to prevent cross contamination. This is a very popular local spot so plan on waiting if you are visiting during peak meal period times.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Smnuws
georgia
“Way better than you expect!”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

You MUST try this place. You will not be disappointed! The variety of the menu is great, and there is something for every taste. I WISH that we had a place like this where we live. I would be a regular for sure!

Visited October 2013