“Fabulous gem”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 26, 2013

I have had so many wonderful meals at Isidore. The appetizers are fantastic (I love the mussels) and the Short Ribs are AMAZING. It's a great bar atmosphere and the staff are great and helpful. Definitely worth stopping in!

Reviewed May 17, 2013

Isidore On the Rocks is a true gem! The food is fantastic and has a nice local flare. The menu changes from time to time, and every change is excellent. The atmosphere is charming and warm, and there are some very cool touches like the building’s original tin ceiling is now the wall behind the bar. My wife and I go there to eat quite often and we have never been disappointed. In fact, most of the time we are blown away by the quality and unique blend of taste combinations and beautiful preparation. You might think it would be just standard pub food, but get your taste buds ready for a real treat with unique dishes as well as great variations on standard fare. If you want standard pub food they have that too with awesome burgers, and the nachos are the best we have ever had. Rob is the owner and head chef, and his creations are just amazing with a unique approach that is always delicious. He and all of his staff are cordial and friendly, and they go out of their way to make sure everything is right. We cannot recommend this restaurant highly enough, and in fact we are going again tonight. Thanks, Rob for creating such a special place.

1  Thank Dan-Deane-M
Reviewed April 24, 2013

We went to Isidore recently with friends with whom we dine out frequently. None of us were terribly hungry so we all ordered a burger, with varying cheeses on top. They were cooked perfectly to our individual tastes and the pomme frites - AKA French fries - were delicious as a side. Our server Ashlin was attentive and well informed on the menu, specials and as to the cooking methods the chef favors. We will definitely go there again, while hungrier, and try the other items on the menu.

2  Thank pcroberge
Reviewed April 22, 2013

My dining partner and I arrived to have a leisurely dinner, but to our surprise we found out that there would be live entertainment starting at 8 p.m.! I love live entertainment...Rule 32 was the band's name. I decided to have the shrimp appetizer, I think it was called N' Awlins shrimp. It had a spicy kick to the homemade pan sauce. And ohhh the crispy polenta fries were to die for! I would like to order just a side of those next time I visit. My dining partner and I decided to split a salad. We ordered the Baby Spinach salad, the greens were dressed perfectly, and toasted pine nuts really complimented the creamy blue cheese crumbles. Our server, Rob, also the owner, recommended that we try the Shrimp Carbonara and Mahi with the rhubarb-pineapple compote. He hit the nail on the head with these recommendations! Our entree's were cooked perfectly and enjoyed a bottle of Cote de Rhone. After dinner we decided to have a little something sweet. We choose the strawberry rhubarb shortcake and some B & B for our after dinner drink as we listened to the band. This was are second visit and will return to this delightful establishment.

1  Thank Floyd C
Reviewed April 20, 2013

We went to Isidore when it first opened and we will most likely never go back. I have to say that it does have a nice atmosphere, but that's where it ends. It took forever to get our drinks even though it was not busy and they were not mixed drinks. For dinner my husband got some sort of meat dish- it would be easier to remember if it was recognizable. It came in a bowl which I remember thinking was very odd and had polenta underneath with root vegetables. He only ate the meat and wasn't very impressed.

The real issue came from my haddock piccata and the fact that it was terrible- not really a big deal, I just didn't eat very much. When I told the waitress I didn't need it boxed, she inquired and I explained. I didn't say this to her but it basically tasted like haddock... smothered with sour mayonnaise and a plethora of capers. Just smelling it was making me nauseus and haddock piccata is usually one of my favorite meals.

She was nice to remove half of the cost from the check...but then the chef came out. He told me that no one has EVER not liked his haddock piccata (basically blaming my palette). He never asked me why I didn't like it, he literally just came out to tell me that I was the first and this was not in a light manner- he was being rude. He turned to my husband and inquired as to how he liked his meal. When my husband began to answer the chef TOOK A CALL. Literally while my husband was mid-sentence, he took his ringing phone out of his pocket and answered it as he walked away. He never came back.

Well, that was beyond enough for me. I have NEVER been treated that way by anyone in the restaurant industry and will certainly not contribute any more money to that jerk's salary or poorly paired dishes.

6  Thank ib13125
Rob M, Owner at Isidore On the Rocks Tavern, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2013

I apologize on the experience that this party had to go through at Isidore on the Rocks Tavern. I strive on customer service, food consistency and a up beat atmosphere. I did remember this night in particular due to a unfortunate circumstance that a customer didn't like there meal? I immediately went over to talk to the person that didn't like there entree! I asked if I can get something else and what was wrong with the meal? That person mentioned it tasted like there was sour mayonnaise all over it? I explained that its prepared in a white wine lemon butter sauce and the piccata is a staple item that I have prepared through out my career. I haven't received any complaints on this dish before to my knowledge? I wasn't dismissing her value of her palette, I was just simply trying to figure out a solution to correct the situation? As a professional I politely excused myself and took an important call coming through do to an emergency which i couldnt go back to the table because i had to leave the building. Before i left i did remove the item off the customers check. I do value every customers feed back with the upmost respect and appreciate their business.
Sincerely yours,