“It's a diamond in the rough !”
Review of Relish

Relish
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed October 24, 2013 via mobile

Ok. The best way to describe Relish is that it's like having a personal chef at home. It's location is like being a neighbors house. Only 2 employees, one bartender / server and one chef. Intimate atmosphere excellent food and service. Not like anything else you have experienced, honestly!
Be sure to make a reservation particularly if you have 4 or more in your party. It only seats about 20. I am a repeat customer many times over.

3  Thank Christopher M

Reviewed July 5, 2013 via mobile

This is a great little spot off the beaten track with excellent food and cocktails. It's very small, so be sure to book a reservation. We dined with four adults and two toddlers and the owners--who also do all the cooking and serving--were great and accommodating. A great spot for a special dinner. Highly recommended!

4  Thank wegonownortheast
Reviewed June 26, 2013

We went with friends who had been before. The restaurant is in a house, and not a big one at that, so there is only a small bar and a small number of tables (8-10?). The bar had the feel of a small French urban inn. A bit or a quirky ambiance, but very nice. The food was all excellent, and the staff were both friendly and very accommodating. The menu changes frequently, like every week or two, so you may not be able to get something that someone recommended to you, but there are always new things to try.The wine selection was good. It certainly wasn't cheap, but it was very good, and overall a very enjoyable experience. We'll go back.

4  Thank Al-Sue-Maine
Reviewed April 23, 2013

I went to Relish with my husband last year as it came recommended. While I am comfortable finding dishes to enjoy on most menus, my husband is a standard meat and potatoes sort. This made the dinner a little trickier just because the menu is a bit small and he had trouble with the more unique dishes and/or pairings.

I ended up getting the duck, which was delicious and my husband even tried it and said it was very good though not something he would order himself. He had a steak, which was pretty standard (to be fair he probably asked to remove whatever inventive sauces or sides the dish was supposed to come with).

It is a small restaurant so I suggest reservations if you are going at a busy time (weekends). The atmosphere is very cozy and romantic and the people there are very friendly and accommodating. Overall, I think this is a good choice for diners looking for something different. However for the prices, I would not be back since the menu limits my husband's options.

1  Thank ib13125
Reviewed January 23, 2013

The menu for Relish wasn't available online for our review, but other posted reports indicated not only was the food excellent, but the prices had become more reasonable. When we saw the menu, we begged to differ. I don't call an average price of $25 for an entree and $10 for a salad more reasonable. Maybe we should have been better prepared, but this is what I would call a "high-end" restaurant. I think the restaurant should post its menu, like others do, and then we wouldn't have been shocked at the prices. I do have to say that the venue setting, a porch on the front of a house with student-like chairs, doesn't equate in my mind to that type of a restaurant.

1  Thank 3gooddogs