“Fantastic!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Heritage House

Heritage House
Ranked #5 of 38 Restaurants in Skowhegan
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Naugatuck
“Fantastic!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

Our group of 9 stopped in for dinner & were well cared for. Salads were fresh & crisp, meats were cooked perfectly to our requests, waitress was amazing!! She knew the whole menu by memory, even the specials!! Words can't describe the meal, you have to try it for yourself. Prices are reasonable. We'll definitely return next time we're in Skowhegan.!!

Smithfield, Maine
“A Great Place For A Meal”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2013

My wife and I visited the Heritage House for our anniversary and were not disappointed. We were greeted as we entered and escorted to our table. Our waitress introduced herself and provided us with a wonderful description of their specials for the evening. While they had a great selection of specials we both chose something off the menu. We always enjoy the Escargot which are serverd with toast points to soak up all that wonderful garlic butter. We had the Caesar Salad which was very good but unfortunately they were out of anchovies this night. The main courses were great. My wife had the Apricot Chicken and I had the Strip Sirloin with Garlic Sauce. Both were cooked perfectly and served with a very nice Rice Pilaf and Snap Peas. By the time our waitress described the desserts we had just enough room for the Gifford's Vanilla Ice Cream with Hot Fudge sauce.

Would recommend this as a place to have a romantic dinner in an old house with a number of smaller rooms setup for serving customers. Only real complaint is that when sitting near an AC vent it can be a little too cold. Simple solution, ask for a menu to put down over it.

1 Thank Beth U
“Worth the drive!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2013 via mobile

We stop here while on vacation each year for lunch. Sheri never fails to remember our family. All of the food is great but the soup, the SOUP is amazing. The best ever. The lunch buffet during the week allows you to try 2 soups and a few hot dishes. Easily worth double the price. We will be back next year!

“Absolute perfection.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2013

My husband and I have been to the Heritage House several times in the past few years. During our last visit we were more than excited to enjoy another wonderful dinner, we were once again not let down. We were sat immediately and Angie took care of us. I enjoyed the special Swordfish, while my husband had the baked stuffed haddock. Both were beautiful and tasty. Service was excellent as well. We never feel rushed here and always enjoy our dining experience. We have always had a young man named Sage as our server, but we were upset hearing that he no longer works at the Heritage House, but Angie did take wonderful care of us and we enjoyed our conversations with her. We of course stayed for homemade desserts, the chocolate mousse and chocolate torte with a raspberry sauce. They are remarkably decadent. I highly recommend this beautiful restaurant to anybody looking for a romantic dinner. It is worth the trip, even for us and we live in Massachusetts!

• Visited June 2013
Central Maine
“Three Strikes and you are out”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2013

This was my third visit to the Heritage House. It was also the third time I've been unhappy. You may have read my review from last year. I go because other family members have had better experiences than I. This time, as last year, we went on Father's Day. The place was about 1/3 to 1/2 full. We were seated right away. We were waited on immediately. We waited a long time for the appetizers to come. Then we waited another long time and our salads were served. Finally, after ONE HOUR AND 45 MINUTES our main course was served. I had ordered steak medium rare and without the jalapenos usually served with it. It came charred and with jalapenos! By the time they prepared another steak, the others in our party had finished their dinner. The second steak was well past medium rare. A man at the table next to ours also got steak that was not done the way he wanted. As I said, the others in our party were pleased with their food, but not the almost TWO HOUR wait for food.

• Visited June 2013