“Cant beat onion rings”

Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Mansfield, Massachusetts
“Cant beat onion rings”
Reviewed August 26, 2012

I've been going for years and have always had a great experience. The fish is also good. The best is cheeseburger and onion rings.. I love that they keep the old stang up.

Sanford, Maine
“Shrimp and Haddock”
Reviewed August 24, 2012

Writing this for my mom. She has been eating at Ted's longer than I have. She and a friend went to Ted's yesterday. She got shrimp and haddock and she said it was terrible. The fish was dry and the coating was not adhering to it. The shrimp wasn't much better. If the new generation that is running the restaurant now doesn't get their act together and start providing the quality that their parents and grand parents provided, Ted's will end up going the way many other family run restaurants go. Sad.

6 Thank J M
Chelmsford, Massachusetts
“Cannot be beat for fresh fish”
Reviewed August 20, 2012

Ted's has been a family favorite for years. The haddock is excellent as well the clams, scallops, lobster, clam chowder ... None of us has ever ordered a hamburg or pizza so I cannot vouch for them but seafood cannot be trumped. The batter used on the chunks of haddock is very light so you know you are eating haddock not just batter. It's a walk up to the counter and order and take it too your table type place so do not expect atmosphere. They run the air-conditioner a lot so it can be chilly for those of you sensitive to it.

Detroit, Michigan
“This place just keeps getting better”
Reviewed July 26, 2012

I have been stopping here at Teds since my sister moved up this way in the early seventies! I grew up with great clams in New England but living out of state now I must drive a long way! This place is worth it! I always get the fried clams and onion rings and on this trip they did not disappoint! WOnderful, served hiot and fresh! Delicious. The batter is exactly right and the flavor is spot on! No wonder this place is always packed! I hit it early on a weekday after noon. no waiting! I did manage to save room for ice cream. Their ice cream spot has grown and is really nice! I tried a coconut ice cream called almond joy, that was yummy!
Next time you are in the area, stop by and have a great meal!

• Visited July 2012
Saco, Maine, United States
“So sad”
Reviewed July 19, 2012

So sad. I guess the economy is affecting even good folks like Teds Fried Clams. I pride myself on my knowledge of food. In this case I had a Seafood Platter, combination of fried clams, scollop's, Maine shrimp, haddock and fries. First off the haddock, all five pieces still had the blood line giving it a more than mild fish flavor. Next were the scollop's. Bay scollop's are what there were and for anyone in the know, that's a no no for an almost $30 plate. The shrimp seemed to taste like Maine shrimp and were small like Maine shrimp. That being said, Maine shrimp is out of season so they must have been frozen, hence the toughness. The clams were defiantly Maine dug steamers but were some of the smallest I have seen in long time. Sort of like little necks. So there it is in a nut shell. Sorry folks but I have to tell you I was truly disappointed...

• Visited July 2012