My Husband Kevin and I had the pleasure of staying at Captain A. V. Nickels Inn over Labor Day weekend. We are so glad that we chose this Inn; not only was it the most beautiful place we've seen, but it was so comfortable and relaxing. The owners Mike and Brenda Liston made our stay so special with there personal touches and conversations. The service provided by all who work there is uncomparable to any other place! We were even taken squid fishing by the bartender Lou, and server Chelsea due to our interest. You can't get more personal than that, and we had a great time! The food is incredible and the chefs "Fred and Mark" cook the most delectable food! Brenda and Mike make delicious breakfasts( for all the guests) that'll melt in your mouth. The servers Joe and Nichole are so pleasant you can't help but enjoy being in there company. Oh, and the beds could only be compared to sleeping on a cloud. My husband and I are anxious to go back and spend more time with them all. We truly couldn't have asked for more, our hearts have been forever touched by this experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Captain A.V. Nickels Inn offers luxury accommodations in an historic setting. The Inn, listed on the National Register of Historic Places, was built in 1874 by Captain Nickels as a gift to his bride and remains almost the way he built it...just updated for todays conveniences. It is a breathtaking building sitting on 3 meandering acres directly on the island-studded Penobscot Bay about halfway between the beautiful towns of Camden and Bar Harbor. The Inn is often cited as one of the most photographed inns on the Maine coast and "creates a memory" for each guest who is treated to a level of luxury and attention to detail usually only seen in exclusive small hotels or inns in Europe. All rooms are furnished with European and American antiques, art, china and decorative touches creating the sophisticated air of a fine country home. Roaring fires on cool evenings, wicker on the lovely front porch, and lawn furniture by the water adds ambiance that invites guests to relax a while and enjoy the beautiful views from expansive windows or from the large decks overlooking the property. The bar is well stocked with a large selection of wines and local beers. Our bartender is always ready to mix our signature cocktails. Common areas include two sitting rooms, a library, a lounge, a dining room, a breakfast conservatory, a ballroom, and a loggia with views to the Bay. Evening wine and cheese is served to all guests. After having slept in spacious rooms beautifully furnished with antiques and sumptuous beds, overnight guests awake to the site of the sunrise across the bay and will enjoy a gourmet breakfast in the Inn's sunlit breakfast conservatory. Mimosa's always available on request. The murmur of waves from the Bay and wonderful sea air enhance the restful atmosphere. All rooms have private baths, flat screen TVs, wireless internet capabilities, coffee/tea service, and luxurious bath amenities. Some have electric fire places. The suites have balconies overlooking the Bay and comfortable lounging furniture. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Captain A. V. Nickels Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Captain a. v. Nickels Hotel Searsport
- Captain A. V. Nickels Inn Searsport, Maine