“Local Restaurant: Yummy Fried Belly Clams”
Review of the Brick House

the Brick House
Ranked #4 of 15 Restaurants in Searsport
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Dining options: Dinner
Description: Known for our award winning fried clams, wings, chowder and burgers; we are located in the heart of Searsport, Maine in a beautiful historic brick building. This local restaurant with full bar has a loyal following and you will feel right at home as soon as you enter. There is street parking as well as a public parking lot available and we are an easy stroll to the park and beach.
Millersville, MD
“Local Restaurant: Yummy Fried Belly Clams”
Reviewed September 13, 2013

Visiting in the area and my husband is a fried whole belly clam lover - he rates them as we go to different places. Well, after having a lunch plate, he announced that these were some of the best around. I had the portabella mushroom sandwich which was exceptional. It was a mushroom filled with peppers and onions with melted mozzarella cheese on top. Also, we shared some onion rings and a cup of fish chowder. The chowder was great!

The Brick House is a quaint local restaurant which is clean with good service. It's not a five star Michelin restaurant, but I have been in those too with food that was not as good as this local fare.

• Visited September 2013

Tolland
“Second visit also a pleasure”
Reviewed August 26, 2013

We took a weekend to visit from Connecticut and returned to the Brick House for lunch and once again had a wonderful meal. My husband ordered the Fried Clam dinner and I ordered a Reuben and the fried clam appetizer, the latter of which was more of a dinner size portion than an appetizer and more than enough for me! So my husband ate half of them in addition to his dinner! They were once again excellent and we still think they are the best we have ever had. My sandwich was enormous, big slices of bread and corned beef. This place is not fancy but definitely tops them all for fried clams and we highly recommend dining here. AND they are very nice people, which always is a big plus to us and makes the dining even more pleasant when we can chat!

Bangor, Maine, USA
“Best Fried Clams anywhere!”
Reviewed August 25, 2013

This little restaurant in in a old brick block across from the Penobscot Maritime Museum. It has not been open long and is not open Sunday or Monday. The owner had a reputation in Bangor for the best fried clams around for many years. His business got taken by the city to allow a supermarket to be built but the owner is back with this little hard to find restaurant in the middle of Searsport. The clams are the best and I am somewhat of an expert on the subject. I think I have had them most everywhere in Maine that claims they specialize in fried Clams, and quite a few that know better than to brag. Try this place. It is Maine. Damned if the are going to open seven days a week in high tourist season. But if your timing is right, try it.The ambience is okay but the clams deserve a 5

Boston, Massachusetts
“Great fried clams - a little pricey”
Reviewed August 22, 2013

Went for lunch and had the best whole belly fried clams we've had in a long time. They succulent and nicely fried as were the french fries. They also have a good beer selection, including a local beer. Although a little expensive, we'll be back when we have a need for fried clams.

• Visited August 2013
“Good Food, Food Atmosphere”
Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

The Brick House is a great place to relax and eat. Casual dining with good food! My husband had the appetizer clams for his dinner (dinner portion with no slaw or fries), my teenage girls had the burger (It's Big) and the Brick House pasta. I couldnt get past the description of the Grown Up Grill and had to have one. While my husband enjoyed his fried clams, I dare say I had the best plate on the table. The onion rings were supposed to be really good, but they were either overdone and/or a little seafoody. I only had a couple, but the rest were eaten by my family. It would be helpful if the menu on the website matched thee menu in the house. All in all, a nice restaurant to kick back, have a beer or glass of wine, and eat.

Visited August 2013