“Overpriced, but decent”

Jordan Pond House
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Located in the heart of Acadia National Park, the Jordan Pond House has been offering lunch and dinner of rover 100 years. We are best known for our always fresh from the oven popovers. In addition we serve soup, sandwich's, salads, lobster rolls, seafood and other entrees.
Springfield
“Overpriced, but decent”
Reviewed September 5, 2013

This restaurant is overpriced, but the food is decent. There are no more food facilities in the park so you have no choice. The selection of food is limited to the seafood, so if you don't like it, you are out of luck. They give you popovers with you food, which is nice. Food portions are not big - you would not be able to share. There is a long waiting time to reserve seating over the phone. Try come in instead - you will wait 10-15 minutes to get seated.

• Visited August 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
New England
“Great View, Excellent service and Good food.”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

We went mid August and had no intention of eating at Jordan Pond House, we were only going to hike around the pond, so didn't have any reservations. But after hiking some of the carriage roads, we were famished, so we checked to see if we could get in. We got on a list but soon found out that if you choose inside, you get seated faster.

Our server was excellent, she was very friendly and attentive. I had the Roast Beef Sandwich, and my husband had the Ham & Cheddar Panini. While waiting for our lunch to arrive our server brought around the popovers. I am not a popover person and wasn't going to take one, but I did figuring I would give it to my husband. Well the smell of the popover put my hunger into overdrive. So I buttered and and took a bite, I am so glad I did. I never tasted a popover like that. It was so good, fresh out of the oven I could of eaten a dozen.

Our lunch came and it was as we ordered and both sandwiches were very good. The meats were fresh so were the rolls. The sandwiches were a good size and generous with the meats, when we were finished we had no room for dessert. So off we went for our hike around Jordan Pond, and Up Bubble Rock. So once again when we got back to Jordan Pond house we decided we wanted dessert.

Again since we wanted an inside table the wait was minimal, less then 5 mins. We had a different server this time, but was as good as the first. We had the Double Rich Brownie à la Mode, it was to die for. The brownie was a rich and luscious and they make their ice cream in house and that was so smooth and creamy. Once again we were not disappointed in our choices.

While we didn't make it back during our trip, but they did have a great Dinner Deal for $27.00 that included Soup or Salad, entree, and dessert. Though I do suggest that you do make a reservation for Dinner as there is only inside dining I believe.

• Visited August 2013
New York City, New York
“Popovers and hiking! Yum.”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

The popovers are to die for. The location is stunning, a great view and after a lovely lunch of popovers, salad and tea why not take a gentle walk around the "pond". Or if you've got the shoes and stamina climb up to the Bubbles. Once reached they offer views most breathtaking and if you're hungry when you get back down the mountain...atop in at the Jordan Pond gift shop and pick up some of their homemade strawberry jam and popover mix!

Visited September 2013
Springfield, Virginia
“Beautiful Setting and Great Values Available”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

We had a late, light lunch here of seafood stew, popovers, and blueberry iced tea. It was a very reasonable price (and frankly I thought a better value than just tea and popovers alone). We had a gorgeous view of the pond and the waiter brought over a basket of beautiful, fresh, hot popovers for us to chose from. Yum!! We made reservations the day before, which I recommend. We only had to wait a minute or two for our table once we checked in.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank hmrtraveler
Madison GA
“Best national park meal that we've had”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

There is only one sit down restaurant in Acadia National Park; it is scenic and far above any other national park restaurant that we've experienced. Their popovers are wonderful but you pay for extras. They were quite busy so service was a bit slow even in mid-afternoon. Our seafood dinners were good and pretty reasonable for a national park setting. The blueberry crisp with blueberry ice cream is wonderful and enough to share. The coffee is organic and quite good.

• Visited September 2013