Fairfield Inn Portland Maine Mall
$85
Average 3/5
$95
Very Good 4/5
Homewood Suites by Hilton Portland(Scarborough)(Great Value!)
$113
Great 4.5/5
Residence Inn Portland Scarborough(Scarborough)(Great Value!)
$119
$109
Very Good 4/5
Candlewood Suites Portland - Scarborough(Scarborough)(Great Value!)
$94
Travelocity
Higgins Beach Inn(Scarborough)
Excellent 5/5
All reviewsfront deskrizwan marfanishuttle serviceroom was cleanmaine malloutdoor poolfree breakfastthe breakfast areayogurtthe general managerpleasant stayfree shuttleoff the highwayold portfresh baked cookiesconvenient locationstayed here for one night
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 12, 2013

Good Points:

Very short distance from Interstate 95
Close to gas, grocery store, chain restaurants (Chili's etc.)
Breakfast includes a do-it-yourself waffle-maker, bagels, sausage, eggs, fruit and more
Almost fast Internet (I've dealt with much worse)
Outdoor pool during warm months
Clean
In-room fridge

Bad Points:

Bed was not very comfortable
Slight chemical smell in the room (cleaning-related)
No vending machines
The room was quite small but efficiently arranged

This Fairfield Inn is a good launching spot for the Maine Mall or downtown Portland. An easy drive (less than five minutes) to the Mall and only a few more to downtown. Highway 295 is a good highway for getting to the downtown restaurants, pubs and harbour.

Incidentally, there is an IMAX theatre in Saco, less than a half hour down I-95.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 11, 2013

I stayed at The Fairfield Inn and had an incredible experience! The staff couldn't have been nicer or more accomodating- every single one of them. When you first check in they offer complimentary refreshments and snacks and in the morning they have a lovely little buffet for breakfast featuring incredible flavored waffles. The rooms were immaculate as well so you couldn't help feeling as if you were home in the comfort of your own house. The location is great too (only minutes away from various shops, University of Southern Maine and the scenic Portland area)! I am going to end up travelling there a lot as my sister is an athlete at USM and I will always stay here! I recommend others to as well!!

• Stayed: November 2013
Roberta B, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Portland Maine Mall, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2013

Dear MichyMc89, Thank you so much for your kind words, we truly appreciate it! It is our goal to make you feel like you are at home while you are staying here with us. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our new hot breakfast and that everyone that treated you very well. We can't wait for us to come and see us again!

Reviewed November 9, 2013

Very impressed when we saw that the manager was offering soup, salad and delicious bread from 5 to 7 on a busy Friday night. Staff very friendly and helpful. Also served delicious cookies and provided pitchers of water. It was just right for road weary travelers who had a show to go to later that night.

Room very nice. Looked like it had been refurbished. Bathroom sparkling clean.

Plenty of staff to handle breakfast rush.

Hotel planning to start park and fly service in a couple of weeks. Next time we fly out, we will definitely stay there.

Room Tip: Reserve ahead once they start park and fly service. We think it will become very popular.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear TheChases, Thank you so much for positive comments. I am glad that you enjoyed the managers reception and found our staff very friendly. We take pride in making sure that you are happy and enjoy your stay with us. Please come and visit us again!

Reviewed November 7, 2013

I recently stayed at the Fairfield in Portland and loved every part of it. You can always count on consistency from one Fairfield to another. Room was clean, well appointed, great towels. Staff so friendly from the front desk lady who gave me toothpaste to the young lady who was keeping a wonderful clean stock of the breakfast bar. Travelling as a single woman I feel safe when staying at the Fairfield Inns.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
Roberta B, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Portland Maine Mall, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2013

Dear WenforShelb, Thank you so much for your kind comments. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us at the Fairfield Inn Portland Maine Mall. I am also very happy to hear that our staff took excellent care of you while you were here. It is our pleasure to make you feel at home while you stay with us. Once again, thank you for your comments and we hope to see you soon!

Reviewed November 3, 2013

I was in Portland for a 5 night stay, I really did not spend much time at the hotel but when I was there for breakfast and one evening for a "managers special" the staff was terrific. I have to say that the rooms are typical Fairfield Inn but, the staff makes it unique, in a good way!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Roberta B, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Portland Maine Mall, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2013

Thank you so much for your kind comments concerning your stay at the Fairfield Inn Portland Maine Mall. We are please that you enjoyed our hot breakfast and manager's reception. We are also thrilled to hear that you had such wonderful interactions with the staff. It is our goal to provide exceptional service to each and every one of our guests. Please come back and see us again soon!