“UH...mixed feelings.”

Cuisines: American
Cayce, South Carolina
“UH...mixed feelings.”
Reviewed October 11, 2011

I had never been to a Chicago dog before so I thought I would try it.
It was a short order counter and I ordered a chili dog and a kraut dog. And that's what I got. A bun, a frank and the chili/kraut. The bun was a nice poppy seed bun, A+ on that. The frank was a good regular size dog. Thankfully it was grilled not boiled. The chili tasted like it was straight out of a Hormel chili can and the kraut was a canned item and made the bun very soggy. I was handed the dogs wrapped in foil which I had to UN-package in order to put any condiments on it. The condiment table was a disappointment. Granted most of it was pickled but it was not chilled and the onions had been out so long they had turned color.
After i dressed and re-wrapped my dogs, I carried them away loose because there were no bags. I can say that I have had worse, but for $3 each for a regular dog, i was expecting a little more. Especially from a store that specializes in Hot dogs. Not sure if I will go back.

• Visited October 2011